• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Jacq's Logging Project Discussion

Started by marc_reusser, February 27, 2008, 05:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danpickard

I would probably want to go to a clinic on railway sandwiches, mainly out of curiosity to see how many anorak's would be sitting in the group ;D

Dan

shropshire lad

Quote from: danpickard on May 23, 2012, 05:18:22 AM
I would probably want to go to a clinic on railway sandwiches, mainly out of curiosity to see how many anorak's would be sitting in the group ;D

Dan

Well , we can count you as number one , and I'm sure Mario will be in attendance . So we're doing ok so far .

finescalerr

The topic of sandwiches sounds far more interesting than the usual convention clinic topics. And the crowd (both of them) might provide some refreshing heckling. I might fly out for this one. If creativity is permitted, I could propose some interesting sandwich flavo(u)rs along with a variety of exciting condiments. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on May 23, 2012, 11:46:35 AM
The topic of sandwiches sounds far more interesting than the usual convention clinic topics. And the crowd (both of them) might provide some refreshing heckling. I might fly out for this one. If creativity is permitted, I could propose some interesting sandwich flavo(u)rs along with a variety of exciting condiments. -- Russ

If Mario is involved I'm sure there is going to be lots of heckling . But I can handle Mario !

Yes , a Sandwich Symposium sounds like it could be a winner . Do they allow the import of Marmite to Australia , or is it regarded as a Banned Substance ? If you don't know what Marmite is , you must have lived a very sad and sheltered life .

Nick

marc_reusser

Will there be tasty bits of the various sandwiches for sampling? 

Never had Marmite or Vegemite..sounds most interesting....like a delicate Spam or Liverwurst I suppose.

I think I may have a pertifed one of those 1-euro salami sandwiches they sell at the Berlin S-Bahn platforms, that I can contribute to your lecture.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on May 23, 2012, 02:28:39 PM
Will there be tasty bits of the various sandwiches for sampling? 

Never had Marmite or Vegemite..sounds most interesting....like a delicate Spam or Liverwurst I suppose.

Marmite couldn't be further away from either of those two .

Think of thick black axle grease spread on with a trowel and you're getting close . It is one of those tastes that you either love or hate . There is no inbetween . Over here it has become a term used to describe the two extreme points of view .For instance , I think of Joanna Newsom as "The Marmite Girl" , you either love her music , or you hate it . In her case , I love it and the rest of my family hate it !

But I digress .

danpickard

Nick,
If you turn up and start presenting a clinic on "Railway Sandwiches from 1980-2010", I'll happily present you with the biggest jar of Vegemite I can find...unless you are concerned about sore arms and shoulders from working for Jacq, and wont be able to carry it home ;D

Dan

shropshire lad

Quote from: danpickard on May 23, 2012, 05:05:49 PM
Nick,
If you turn up and start presenting a clinic on "Railway Sandwiches from 1980-2010", I'll happily present you with the biggest jar of Vegemite I can find...unless you are concerned about sore arms and shoulders from working for Jacq, and wont be able to carry it home ;D

Dan

I don't think making 1000s of bricks for Jacq will make me that sore so I should have enough strength left in me to drag a jar of Vegemite home . Though I was hoping that my suitcase would be lighter on my return journey after having dumped a load of my junk on the unsuspecting Oz NG modellers .

Nick

finescalerr

Vegemite sounds yummy. Have you tried it as mortar? -- Russ

danpickard

Quote from: finescalerr on May 24, 2012, 12:42:28 AM
Vegemite sounds yummy. Have you tried it as mortar? -- Russ

Only on the inside...
Dan

mad gerald

Quote from: shropshire lad on May 23, 2012, 04:16:23 PM
...  I think of Joanna Newsom as "The Marmite Girl" , you either love her music , or you hate it . In her case , I love it and the rest of my family hate it !
... that's the harp player, performing some kinda so called freak folk ... isn't she?!

Alan Rees

Marmite (and I presume the same goes for Vegemite)  comes from the dregs you get after making beer. In Germany and Switzerland we feed this to the pigs and  look forward to enjoying a tasty ham sandwich at a later date.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/8533896/Marmite-made-illegal-in-Denmark.html

artizen

Is Jacq coming to the Sandwich Convention? I could bring one of my favourites - cold baked beans with added tomato sauce and chutney? Shame Melbourne is so far away from Brisbane!
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

shropshire lad

Quote from: artizen on May 24, 2012, 05:22:37 AM
Shame Melbourne is so far away from Brisbane!

It's a booger sight closer than South Shropshire in England . So if I can make the effort ( which is yet to be seen ) then I'm sure you can !

Nick

shropshire lad

Quote from: mad gerald on May 24, 2012, 01:28:05 AM
Quote from: shropshire lad on May 23, 2012, 04:16:23 PM
...  I think of Joanna Newsom as "The Marmite Girl" , you either love her music , or you hate it . In her case , I love it and the rest of my family hate it !
... that's the harp player, performing some kinda so called freak folk ... isn't she?!

Yup , that's the one .