• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Play day in shop

Started by 5thwheel, April 30, 2015, 05:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Neat little project, and very cool to see and read the fabrication process. Thanks for sharing.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

5thwheel

A few more pieces of tin to share.
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Sami

Lawton Maner

Gives a new meaning to "vintage tin".   ;D

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

5thwheel

More tin work just finished today.  This is a 1 1/12th scale locomotive oiler taken from a 1908 Fairbanks catalog.  It is hollow and the brass filler cap unscrews. I don't have much in the way of progression photos but you can see the base can as is it formed and soldered.

Any suggestions on how to get a wet oil look? 

Bill
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

5thwheel

More of the progression in developing the kerosene cans.  This is my method of holding the can while i solder on the bail ears. Also a start on a coffee pot. While I am set up for soldering I will also start on some of the soldering of the next project,
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Ray Dunakin

Incredible work -- you're not just modeling, you're making them the same way as the prototype only smaller!

Ray Dunakin's World