• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

ace radium 1-32n 20

Started by 1-32, September 03, 2013, 01:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Design-HSB

Hi Kim,

for which the tank because should it be?

Somehow there should Platform and tank itself, consistent with its actual function in a Realition.
So he interferes in the moment rather the great overall impression of your model.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

hi helmut.
the tank will be used for chemical waste of the no name variety.it will have a platform and detailed interior maybe some reeds in the no name water.
i am having a slight change of plans as to what i am capible of doing in the next 7 months.i want to go to the austraian narrow gauge convention next easter and ace radium wont be finished i dont want to rush it it is just to good a hobby item.what i wont to do is too finished to a standard is the tank and the right hand section-stand alone display.later it will be reunited with the base board.
love your mine loco regards kim

Design-HSB

Hi Kim,

if the tank contains chemical waste should not be in a drip tray?

How about a cement silo that is not so high and would certainly fit well into a port.
Thanks for the like my mine locomotive.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

danpickard

Hi Kim,
Thanks for the continued updates of the project.  Also happy to hear you plan to be at the NGC next year with some elements for display.  Always enjoy the opportunity to have a proper look at what you've created.

Cheers,
Dan

finescalerr

Hey, Dan. Nice to see you back. -- Russ

danpickard

Been lurking a bit Russ.  Been busy working on the 1:1 studio to do some modelling in, but unfortunately have to do another "real" job, which is time consuming and delaying my building and modelling sessions.  Would like to think that by Christmas I might have a dedicated space to be creative within, and then maybe have something more to report.  In the mean time, I'll just sit back and gather others ideas and enjoy their efforts :)

Cheers,
Dan

finescalerr

Sounds almost exactly like my own plight. -- Russ

1-32

hi dan helmut and russ.
burn out, o yer i have got it bad, my burn out is having a profession of a heratage carpenter for the last 37 years.injury dust never having enough money pain in the butt architecs pain in the butt engineers all into over servicing  and local councils that are impossible to deal with these pictures are of a cantilever verandah here in sydney that i have been on since easter.huge job for one person the old hotel is 140 years old, old for australian standards.basically it has big structural cracks and to get my needle beams level[they come out of the building at right angles i had to make large holes in the brick work to adjust the level by 290 mm[about one foot] this was just the beginning of the story.i am tied tied the only thing that unwinds me is modelling.

helmut you are so right for toxic waste it should be concrete but this is after all howard hughes he had to get the job done he liked to cut corners.so for the sake of the argument lets say it is just crappy old waste og a general variety.thus the new tank stand this section in the photo is the one that i will develope.

http://images40.fotki.com/v1339/photos/3/1816483/13372483/DSCF2847640x480-vi.jpg.

on another subject i will be back in europe in january is there any good hobby related shows on

regards kim

1-32

the missing new tank stand.

finescalerr

That turned out okay. I especially like the picture of your dog. -- Russ

danpickard

Nice work with the stand Kim.  I would probably recognise that as your style.  I think I've come to realise there is something very "Tom Yorke-ish" about a lot of your finishes.  Quirky styling, bold with the colouring, kind of caricature but without losing all plausibility...I like the feel of it.

Cheers,
Dan

Hydrostat

Kim,

that's much better. I still think the tank itself might become higher as it is. I would then add another layer of rectangular I-beams to lead the load via the now existing I-beams to the ground. I'm an artist, no structural engineer, so don't take that too serious.

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

1-32

good morning all.
welcome to the next version of ace radium a small and detailed diorama[390 mm wide,420mm deep and 390 mm heigh-15,16and 15 inches].it based on the larger version but with some changes the most important being that it is completely portable.the base underframes uses my faverite material 1.5 mm bass wood.dont buy it at hobbie shops, try craft stores you can get big sheets at a fraction of the price.cut it with a sharp blade and use white glue tape the edges till dry.the detail shot has some good points but worries me so it has been changed into what i do not know.more coming soon
regards kim.

finescalerr

... And after you created all that horribly toxic water! Well, let's see what you come up with. -- Russ

Hydrostat

Kim, don't tell me you're going to restart! What was wrong with your former plan?

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"