• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

O Scale Shanty#1 – 901

Started by eTraxx, July 16, 2014, 06:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eTraxx

This little O scale kit from AM Models is about a simple as you can get. A door and two windows are all cast into the walls. The clapboard siding structure measures 1-5/16 x 1-5/8 in. No instructions but .. none are needed. It lists for $6.75 .. I picked it up for $6.08 at my LHS.

I had fun seeing what I could do on the cheap. Interesting to the guys on this forum .. I used the normal hairspray technique .. but the white paint is Krylon Flat White from a Rattle Can. Dang stuff chipped very nicely!

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Ray Dunakin

Impressive! Sure doesn't look like it started out as a simple plastic kit.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Nice work. Do I see a cat hair at the upper left corner of the door? -- Russ

mad gerald

Quote from: finescalerr on July 17, 2014, 12:33:00 AM
Do I see a cat hair at the upper left corner of the door? -- Russ
... eventually recess of glue - there's something similar on the right (coming from edge of roof leading to door frame) ...

Quote from: finescalerr on July 17, 2014, 12:33:00 AM
Nice work.
... FULL ACK ...

eTraxx

Ed Traxler

lab-dad

I guess you can put lipstick on a pig.

You did good!

-Mj

Lawton Maner

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

eTraxx

Thanks guys. I figure while not Fine Scale modeling .. it's at least Medium :) ... and will work fine on my layout.

The roof .. that is printed. I used Clever Models textures. The 'wood' is cardstock with a plain paper print glued to the bottom .. the tar paper printed on paper ..

I added a little weathering powder this morning. Little excessive on the weathering I suppose but  I'm trying to control that .. really I am! I need to get a better light for taking photos .. it is so dim in my room that I have to process the photos too much. This is pretty close to correct .. and .. the pinwash is too dark .. again .. next time won't be so.

Ed Traxler

mabloodhound

And no more Miss Kitty hair.
Nice job Ed on making plastic look like wood.
8)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

okiecrip

Quote from: mabloodhound on July 17, 2014, 04:55:29 PM
And no more Miss Kitty hair.
Nice job Ed on making plastic look like wood.
8)
very nice ed i like redoing cheap plastic kits :)
gary wise