• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

Morning all a new decade hey.
Sandy Hollow's footbridge now a set of stairs when I build stairs I always have the idea that you have to able to climb them drunk hopefully these are certified for drunks. With Sandy Hollow,
I had the idea of a bigger display this has all changed it has a lot to do with this boat love it, looks desperate enough to model.
cheers.

Ray Dunakin

Which boat? The big one with the cranes, or the little one pushing it?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hi Ray.
There is only one the big one but I will change it to fit the space available.
cheers

finescalerr

Between the signal and bridge, the structure, and the boat this is going to be quite a display. I love the bridge. -- Russ

Les Tindall

That boat has lots of character, definately modellable!
Les

Bill Gill

Neat bridge, and another nifty boat soon to come.

TRAINS1941

Beautiful looking bridge.

The boat looks like a challenge but I'm sure your up for it.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Carlo

Kim -
Sandy Hollow is off to another great start.
Question... Your modules seem to be made on individual bases, ready to "plug-in"
to the overall scene. What are you using for all the bases, and how does this plug-in
system work?  I want to do something similar soon,
Carlo

Barney

Atmosphere you defiantly have it in many ways - excellent and the boat should be good !
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

1-32

Good morning everybody.
Thanks for your great comments.
Yes, the boat a real brute but easy to model the hull is shallow but there are heaps of details but those cranes because of space available I will only build one. Details that I can see is the stern capstan the wheelhouse? is square but no cover over the wheel? Pile of coal on the deck big vents the chimney a classic coal burner and a travelling crane along the length of the beck lovely. The detail upfront well I will make that up I think the model will be about 300 mm or 12 inches.But great no engine details all-steel imagine working on it
Carlo good call yes I make my models like puzzles or kits. Rember South Creek model in a box just like me quarantined in Australia and just waiting to travel again it was a kit with 10 mini dioramas on a base. If you want to change a section just pull it out and rebuild it on the bench. The process and base is thick cardboard and when you are happy with it all it is all glued to 3 mm plywood yes there is a baseboard that all these mini-scenes get placed again plywood, just like a puzzle board
Sandy Hollow was thought of with more railway and bigger but now has been redesigned to be smaller the bits so far are 2 buildings 2 bridge sections and a boat section that takes the space that was for the railway add detail as needed as separate bits.
cheers

Carlo

Thanks, Kim, that helps a lot.
I will play with card/plywood thicknesses,
and start my own "Puzzle" soon, I hope.
Carlo

1-32

Good morning all hoping you are in the best of health.
First hi Carlo how are your puzzles going?
In the last little while, I have changed Sandy Hollow it is smaller and the railway is lighter to the point that you can push the wagons still 2 foot with code 85 rail. As you can see in the first picture the railway is coming the second is an example of all the stuff I build in this case the red letterbox if it does not fit the future direction that is ok just move on.
cheers.

finescalerr

I can't tell what you have in mind at this point so I'll wait to see what you create next. This is fun. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Morning all.
Believe it there is a plan but in the meantime here is a roll of sleepers or ties depending on your location.
cheers.