• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Quai des Antlilles

Started by Sami, July 14, 2017, 01:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Remarkable detail in a microscopic size. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Awesome! That broom is incredible for such a small scale! And I like the technique you used.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Joris

Sami

Hi Joris,
Welcome here and thank you my friend !
You can open one post.
The atmosphere on this forum is very good, the modelers take their time and don't run after glory. There are some beautiful things to see.

1-32

Hi Sami.
I have gone back and looked at some of your posts, and the thing that stands out is the textures great.
I love how you use the English language, especially seeing it is not your native tongue it just makes you think in another layer.
All the best .
Kim

Sami

Hi Kim,
Thank you for your comment !
My english is not perfect but I try to write correctly. I sometimes use a translator when I can't remember a word.
It's harder for me to speak English than to write in English

1-32

Hi.
It humbles me when I visit a country like the Netherlands where English is common,also the Dutch will have either of both German and French.
Here we are at the bottom of the world and isolated,it is very uncommon to have another language.

Sami

Hi guys,

Kim, In France we have to learn two foreign languages at school. English in first language and German or spanish in second language.

Brass is not the material I am most comfortable with. But the modelers who make of templates on this forum inspiring me.
I made a template for the assembly of my half frame.
Brass holding plates are placed where not visible.

FSCN8194 - Copie.jpg

Lawton Maner

Brass is a less forgiving medium then plastic.  However, the results are worth the effort.  Your fixture is an excellent example of work holding during assembly.  Remember to clean and flux parts prior to assembling, use the smallest amount of solder needed.  I use a 1/32" diameter electronic solder when soft soldering as it can be cut into small pieces and placed with a toothpick and a dab of flux.  If you get too much solder onto a joint an engraving tool can be used to remove the excess. 

Practice, practice, and more practice makes a better modeler.  As you work with brass you will get better and add a valuable talent to your toolkit. 

Sami

Thank you Lawton for your comment and your tips. Your locomotiv is wonderfull.
I have a friend modeler who like working brass and who trained in mechanical manufacturing.
I learn a lot with him and he proceeds like you.
Yes practice and improve myselfYes.

Sami

Hi modelers,

I work on my mechanical workshop.
I bought some figures Modelu wich I painted with oil colors.
I built a lamp for Machining with the help of two friends.

Here is some photos.

1693229649143.jpg
1693229524235.jpg
RSCN8311.jpg
RSCN8314.jpg

finescalerr

That tiny lamp should impress even Volker. I like the understated coloring on the figures. -- Russ

Barney

Nice bit of workmanship - what make of spanners are they they look like they have a bit of bulk to them unlike many PE stuff which look so flat
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Ray Dunakin

Looks great! I especially like that tiny lamp.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Sami

Thank's for your comments !

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on August 28, 2023, 10:37:53 PMLooks great! I especially like that tiny lamp.
A friend realized the globe of the lamp by stamping brass.
I glued the two electrical wires of the micro LED on a brass profile.
After I glued the globe with the micro LED and folded the brass profile. To finish I realized the ball joints with of Milliput.
For the micro LED it is another friend who gave me the idea.

IMG_20230616_220834.jpg
IMG_20230702_232043.jpg
1691181639075.jpg

Quote from: Barney on August 28, 2023, 01:19:38 PMNice bit of workmanship - what make of spanners are they they look like they have a bit of bulk to them unlike many PE stuff which look so flat
Barney
The spanners feel like they have a little volume because they are in HO scale. The spanners are made by l'Obsidienne. He is a French craftsman.

https://www.maketis.com/fr/batiments/3772-outils-de-mecanicien-obsidienne-9012-3701419010846.html