• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

New York Alleyway Diorama "Scratch building"

Started by Alamedy Diorama, November 04, 2013, 05:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alamedy Diorama

Hi
First of all many thanks for Mark for his assistance, Second Im so glad to join such a great forum with a great modelers .
I`m Ali from Iraq and this is my first post here ,I started modeling since 3 years ago ,I scratch built all my dioramas with a very basic tools and materials because there is no hobby shops in Iraq and to buy something from internet is a long story ,So I built this scene 4 months ago and I hope that you will like it  :)

And finally a pic that shows the materials I used to built this scene

Ali Alamedy

Gordon Ferguson

Really like that Ali, interested what scale you have built this to, whatever scale it is it is impressive.

Look forward to more details of this build, like how you did the plastic bags of rubbish and to to seeing more of your work

Gordon

Alamedy Diorama

Thank you Gordon its in 1:24
I will post some WIP soon

Chuck Doan

Welcome, Ali! I have been watching your projects on Facebook. Very nice work! I can't imagine the difficulty you must have getting supplies.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Hauk

Quote from: Alamedy Diorama on November 04, 2013, 05:11:31 AM
Hi
First of all many thanks for Mark for his assistance, Second Im so glad to join such a great forum with a great modelers .
I`m Ali from Iraq and this is my first post here ,I started modeling since 3 years ago ,I scratch built all my dioramas with a very basic tools and materials because there is no hobby shops in Iraq and to buy something from internet is a long story ,So I built this scene 4 months ago and I hope that you will like it  :)

Welcome to the forum!
Great modelling, look forward to see more of your work.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Junior

Welcome to the forum Ali!

Very nice work and please post an SBS on how you made this without all the expensive stuff we are used to here.

Anders

finescalerr

Oops. If you saw my post under the Iraq diorama about a modeler who contacted me on Facebook, you now know why I posted the link. Not bad. -- Russ

Alamedy Diorama

Quote from: Chuck Doan on November 04, 2013, 07:07:09 AM
Welcome, Ali! I have been watching your projects on Facebook. Very nice work! I can't imagine the difficulty you must have getting supplies.

Thank you Chuck Im a big fan of your work ,The reality in your work is abnormal I was following you since I saw some of your projects at railroad-line forum .
about the difficulties , at the beginning I suffered a lot then I started to discover a new techniques to build my dioramas and that helped me a lot .

Alamedy Diorama

Quote from: Hauk on November 04, 2013, 07:34:17 AM
Quote from: Alamedy Diorama on November 04, 2013, 05:11:31 AM
Hi

Welcome to the forum!
Great modelling, look forward to see more of your work.

Thank you hawk Im so glad to join this forum and I will try my best to be an active member "well I hope so :)"

Alamedy Diorama

Quote from: Junior on November 04, 2013, 08:28:10 AM
Welcome to the forum Ali!

Very nice work and please post an SBS on how you made this without all the expensive stuff we are used to here.

Anders

Thank you so much Junior I will post some soon

Hydrostat

Welcome to the forum, Ali!

It will be very interesting for me to see how you do your modeling with only a few materials. Hope to see more!

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Ray Dunakin

Welcome aboard, Ali! Marvelous work on that diorama!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

jim s-w

Jim Smith-Wright

BKLN

This is a great example of the essence of model building! Welcome, Ali!

Christian

nk

Excellent work with what you have at hand. And nice details to make the alley come alive too.
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/