• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Scratchbuilt Italian Boat in 1/35

Started by marc_reusser, July 03, 2007, 11:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

I know that Hector has built some beautiful boats here...and I think Rich likes them too.....so I thought this might be of some interest/fun. Though not in the league of Hector's work....I thought this was still very nicely done.

This was Scratchbuilt in Evergreen styrene and wood by Stefano, an Italian Modeler on the MIG forum. The sailor is also hand sculpted (except for the obvious resin parts.)

The boat is a "Mas 500 quarta serie", torpedo boat.

Marc

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

I see all those compound curves and all the rest of the incredibly difficult work involved in building such a gorgeous model and have decided to give up on everything except perhaps assembling picket fences from Popsicle sticks. Totally out of my league! -- Russ

Hector Bell

That's a very impressive piece of work.  I know how difficult it is to work styrene into complex shapes without heat and that's not always easy even then.  I find styrene always wants to warp. Even between frames.
What I like is the crispness of the work on the detail.  Please pass on our respect to the gent, Marc.
Hector

John McGuyer

From someone at the 'log raft' level of boat building Thatsa nice boat.

John

marc_reusser

Yep.......I'm content with waiting for the kit. ;D ;D ;D

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

teejay99

As Russ and Hector said , the complex shapes of the hull must have been hell ...whoa , maybe I should be , like , a writer ! :D
I wrestled with the vaccuum formed hull of my Bearco Ore Freighter ( HO ) which provided me new words in my vocabulary I never thought possible ......most ill fitting piece of junk I ever bought .  Shoulda tried to scratch it like this fellow did .

Nice work ...is the deck REAL Mac-Tac ? Kidding .

T
Wilson's Law: As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.