• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Al's auto parts/Cafe by Stoney Creek Designs in O scale

Started by Yoshi Ueda, November 07, 2023, 03:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshi Ueda

The prototype photo for Al's AutoParts/Cafe is included in the kit instructions on the CD-ROM. Since the attached photos are excerpts from the kit instructions, please do not distribute this photo. According to Roger, this building is in the Buena Vista Colorado. You can see that Roger modified the design to fit the small space, but he kept the flavor of the prototype.

Prototype Photo for Al.jpg

Based on this photo I tried to find the location of this building. If my search is correct, unfortunately this building does not appear to be in existence.

Link to Street View

Ray Dunakin

Location and time period are a factor too. Such small structures would not be at all out of place in many small Western towns during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Lawrence@NZFinescale

Quote from: Yoshi Ueda on November 12, 2023, 11:05:08 PMThe prototype photo for Al's AutoParts/Cafe is included in the kit instructions on the CD-ROM. Since the attached photos are excerpts from the kit instructions, please do not distribute this photo. According to Roger, this building is in the Buena Vista Colorado. You can see that Roger modified the design to fit the small space, but he kept the flavor of the prototype.

Well, to me the original building is attractive, but it's real and significantly larger than the model. Whether the kit manufacturer has kept the flavour is debatable.  Russ says they are popular, so many people obviously like them, which is perfectly fine. Personally, I really struggle to see the appeal of the approach- which is why I asked the original questions.  Once again I may be in the tail of the normal distribution.
Cheers,

Lawrence in NZ
nzfinescale.com

Lawton Maner