• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

16 cents a gallon

Started by Mobilgas, March 15, 2012, 07:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobilgas

Started working on one of the 1/24 scale gas pumps i was going to use in my old 1/2 inch scale gas station build that i put to rest.....if any one remembers?? I wanted to show the inner GUT'S of the pump in this build.  Had some idea's on how i was going to go about it. This is what i have after 2 days at the work bench.  I like the way it turned out  this early in the build.
Craig

Chuck Doan

Looking good, Craig. I've never seen anyone modify one of those pumps.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Seattle Dave

For what it's worth, I was the designer and master-maker for those kits.  Drew the instruction illustrations too.  We must have made and sold more than 10,000 of them through R & D Unique.  Then along came Danbury Mint, and licensed the designs from me (after commissioning 11 more pumps) and they sold something around 6 MILLION of them!  Not bad for dinkin' around on the lathe one evening....

Nice start on detailing them.  I found that drilling the body was easiest in a drill press with an over-length bit and drilling slowly straight down.  Resin drills very easily.  So does white metal for that matter.

Dave
Dave VanderWal

Ken Hamilton

You can spot those R&D Unique pumps a mile away.  It's great to see one being super-detailed.
Wonderful job so far, Craig
(I'm a huge R&DU fan. Dave's parts literally got me started doing automotive dioramas
a LONG time ago.  Thanks, Dave!)

Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/