• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Goofing around with chipping and worn paint effects

Started by marc_reusser, December 15, 2007, 03:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lab-dad

Thanks Marc,
I did "map" on the real parts.
We'll see what you think when I post the pics.
I did the tank, and hopefully can post a pic tomorrow.
-Marty

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

John McGuyer

The techniques are very interesting. Please continue on. Here is what we are doing and I want to make the boards look like they are peeling paint and rust is coming through on the metal bracing. Suggested colors of the various layers are of much interest.

John

marc_reusser

John,

It looks interesting, but unfortunately the pic is very unclear, and heavily pixelated, so it doesn't really show the weathering very well or clearly, to properly comment. Sorry.

...also...what scale?

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

John McGuyer

Marc

Sorry about that. The picture was shot at a much higher resolution and wouldn't post, so I kept making it smaller until I got to that point. The model is resin and brass and is 1/32 scale. Uncle Russ has seen them and can tell you the level they are at. Here is a closer shot without paint.

I do have two other questions if I might impose on you. First you speak of using hair spray as a barrier. A barrier to keep all those wonderful wimmen who chase you about from mussing your hair? Can you elaborate? Also, Future floor polish. What is it about that you use other than keeping the shop floors nice and shiny?

John