• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

recent modelling from KIM

Started by 1-32, March 25, 2020, 05:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

Frank and everybody else good afternoon hoping all is well.
Moving along I showed a cardboard cutout before of a house that I wanted to build well it has progressed this style I am very familiar with, when you drive around you find all sorts of stuff tucked away like this some still lived in but most deserted full of snakes I don't go inside.
The second picture shows the back the door leads down from the kitchen the rustic bathroom will be on the right the toilet out in the landscape a pan no sewer. The windows are glass louvers typical pain to make but in the end, they work.
cheers.

Design-HSB

Kim, once again one of your extraordinary works.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

It has a very credible and artistic appearance.

I guess purple is a big designer color in Australia.

Russ

1-32

Hi Helmut and Russ.
Yes, the purple is pushing the fashion boundary here about.
Locally everybody goes to a chain of stores for all there building , gardening and home decorating it is called Bunnings a bit of a legend really. When you are going down to buy some paint most check out the mis- tinted can of paint usually they are a bargain but you have to put with some wild colours like Purple, goes well with the Dump down the road or the worst house in the best street the key to making money with real estate.

Bill Gill

That looks good, Kim. Will it be occupied by people, or will there be snakes slithering about the interior?

1-32

Hi Bill.
this is a happy place a family lives there they have a good dog and a couple of cats to keep the unwelcomed neighbours away.
cheers

Ray Dunakin

Looks great, Kim. I can easily picture it sitting in the Aussie bush somewhere.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill Gill

Kim, Nice to hear there will be a family there. It looks like it will be a happy place :)

Barney

Very nice with your normal inspiring touches
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

1-32

Morning all trusting that you are in good health.
Moving on and building a few bits and pieces in 1/35 scale this time a motor mower. This one is a Victor 1959 Australian made and was marketed with the slogan-Turning grass into lawn. Bit on the small side to be made by hand but in the end workes -styrene and wire.
cheers.

Ray Dunakin

That's cool! I don't think I've ever seen anyone model a lawnmower before.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

Nice idea, Kim. Such small details make a scene realistic.

Bernhard

1-32

Hy Ray and Bernard.
it was a struggle especially the wheels if they could have been machined or printed would have made the task a lot easier. As it turned out it is OK and  the overall finish is what I was looking, for now, I feel that I am lawnmower king.
thanks

finescalerr

You definitely are this forum's unchallenged lawnmower king. Now where is your leaf blower? -- Russ