• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

Dioramas / Re: A Week With No Posts
Last post by Stuart - March 26, 2024, 07:26:32 PM
Pretty cool for just a throw together photo shoot!
Modellers At Work / Re: A snapshot in time. A glim...
Last post by Stuart - March 26, 2024, 07:23:59 PM
Should be ready to open up shop soon.  Nice work Volker.
Modellers At Work / Re: A snapshot in time. A glim...
Last post by Ray Dunakin - March 24, 2024, 10:12:14 PM
Great work on that display cabinet! What did you use for the glass?
Last post by Ray Dunakin - March 24, 2024, 10:07:52 PM
I like it!
Modellers At Work / Re: Feldbahnmodule with ship
Last post by Bernhard - March 24, 2024, 05:45:31 AM
It's like good wine, storage makes the pieces better.

Bernhard
Last post by finescalerr - March 24, 2024, 12:22:40 AM
Satisfactory. -- Russ
Last post by fspg2 - March 23, 2024, 02:38:22 PM
In the meantime, all the unsuccessful parts of the boom have been made and fitted again - but this time the right way round :!:

Rivet pins soldered_01 (fspg2)

Small sections of 0.5mm fluxless solder wire were soldered with the resistor soldering tool. The black "mud" always occurs when using the S39 flux. It disappears again when it is subsequently washed off with hand washing paste and a toothbrush.

In February 2012, I had already milled out and pre-assembled the first parts for the crane base. After that, they disappeared into the "harbor crane project box".
Yesterday we continued. Once again, a Pertinax jig was milled for precise alignment, into which the individual parts are inserted in exact alignment for soldering.

Drehkranz_Sockel_01 (fspg2)
[/ ;) url]

Drehkranz_Sockel_02 (fspg2)

Drehkranz_Sockel_03 (fspg2)
[/url]

In the picture above, all the corner angles between the cross frames and the outer side stringers are still missing... but will come soon. ;)
Last post by finescalerr - March 23, 2024, 12:07:53 PM
I've was fooling around with photography this week and dug out the handful of HO structures I used to employ as props along with whatever locos and rolling stock I found at the front of my storage cabinet. (The foreground structure was a built-up and weathered gift from American Model Builders/LaserKits.) Think of this nonsense as two dimensional modeling. At least it's something to look at. -- Russ
Last post by Rail and Tie - March 22, 2024, 06:24:01 PM
Hi Russ,

great photo and great clean modeling. One thing that always make me chuckle is that we as model railroaders tend to weather a structure to look like it is 100 years old even though it was likely built in the past 5 or 10 years.
Modellers At Work / Re: Sandy Hollow
Last post by finescalerr - March 22, 2024, 01:06:05 PM
I agree with Volker. You seem to have the skill of a cabinetmaker. -- Russ