• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Forums / Re: The book to have
Last post by Peter_T1958 - Today at 01:47:55 AM
In addition, on-line encyclopaedias may also be of great help. I often used this here (example shows findings to the term ,, Stehlager")

http://www.zeno.org/Zeno/0/Suche?q=stehlager&k=Meyers-1905
Last post by Hauk - May 02, 2024, 11:14:54 PM
I would love to have access to that book!

Researching my workshop diorama, exact information about the actual prototype is ideal, but in lack of specific information the secon best thing is general informatioan from the right era.

This book is an excellent example of this type of "secondary information". And even if this book was first published in 1902, it could have relevance for modelling projects up to the present. I have seen tools and workshop equipment more than 100 years old still beeing used in mechanical workshops.

Last post by Stuart - May 02, 2024, 11:53:31 AM
A great reference book for sure.
Last post by Barney - May 02, 2024, 11:01:57 AM
ONE MORE
General Forums / The book to have
Last post by Barney - May 02, 2024, 11:00:51 AM
Well recommended loads of diagrams workshop tools /machine tools /boilers /steam engines
A text Book of Mechanical engineering by Wilfrid J Lineham First published 1902
this is a 1904 version off EBAY £11:00 an excellent book to have
Warning if you get hold of one don't drop it on your foot ! its Heavy
Barney
Modellers At Work / Re: Feldbahnmodule with ship
Last post by Stuart - May 01, 2024, 05:38:42 PM
Your results are impressive.  You possess the skills of a clock or watch maker!

Stuart
Modellers At Work / Re: Not actually a Union Gas E...
Last post by Stuart - May 01, 2024, 05:31:54 PM
As others have mentioned, a little color makes all the difference.  A very pleasing model, indeed.

Stuart
Military Modeling / Re: Another Artillery Tractor
Last post by Stuart - May 01, 2024, 05:27:37 PM
Peter, it is obvious that you are an absolute master at translating you extensive research, and your experience with CAD and 3D resin printing into some amazing and extremely unique models.  As I have been learning the processes and methods required to produce even fairly simple 3D prints I am truly mesmerized by your creations.

Stuart
Military Modeling / Re: Another Artillery Tractor
Last post by finescalerr - May 01, 2024, 11:38:33 AM
So far that is the most impressive view of your intricate model. -- Russ
Modellers At Work / Re: Not actually a Union Gas E...
Last post by Barney - May 01, 2024, 11:18:30 AM
Peter - Finish coat for main body acrylic Tamiya  NATO GREEN XF67  - Engine Tamiya COCKPIT GREEN XF71
Humbrol enamel  Dark grey for undercoat/base colour 
Barney