• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

ace radium 1-32n 20

Started by 1-32, September 03, 2013, 01:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Design-HSB

Kim, I'd like to see detailed pictures of the tank. In any case, I'm curious how it goes.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

good morning helmut.
ah yes the watertank when i looked around i found a lot more tanks that i have built over the years.and in that pile i fond one that was just perfect all the others are too big.i will do a bit more work on it and post
regards kim

1-32

hi
here is a quick shot of the found tank before detailing
kim

Design-HSB

Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Sami

1-32

1-32

hi all now i have a small ace.
i have side lined the larger version of ace radium for now and are concentrating on this small detailed version - i am trying to get the main areas done before he end of the year these main areas are the buildings,sky and water.i have nearly finishes the retaining walls concrete.i love concrete and have read nearly all the teckniques on modelling this material.i keep trying, this version i have used form work the old variety of boards before sheets.just before the plaster dries completely i pull the form off . bits of plaster are stuck to the form and when pulled off a very uneven surface is produced a bit like uneven concrete.
in one of the pictures there is a white ark of paper.this will be a spur or siding of narrow gauge railway line.it will emerge from the side or the middle building and end on the small island at the frount of the display.the supports for the web of steel that will support this line is already in place.one of these supports has a little roof [stops erosion].
next is the resin water .
regards kim.

finescalerr

Although it's hard to visualize from the photos, I suspect your new approach will result in a better diorama. I look forward to seeing how you improve things. -- Russ

Design-HSB

Hi Kim, which suggests, that a real looking model is the destination for you.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

hi russ ad helmut.
one thing i am always interested in is how it is all going to turn out.
kind regards kim

1-32

good afternoon all.
here are 2 pictures on my progress on ace radium[small edition].i have been filling in the base board.the track on the trestle has been added this is as far as it is going [there will be a stop in long grass].a start on the wood and rust has started and will be updated as the scene developes.
expoxy water with tints has been poured ,there will be 2 poures.between layers chains, water vegation and ground cover will be added the last layer of expoxy will be clear.towards the end further clutter will be added to the edges .
kind regards kim.

1-32

hi all.
ace is getting to the  finished rough in stage.most of the main elements are in a very rough undercoat .

these 2 pictures are the detail inside the whalf office.there will be more clutter on the desk ,door and a book case.this section will be the only section that will be lit.the figure is from preiser,details from volker.

these 2 shots are of the back of the office and the location of the 6 volt battery.there will be no power lead purely portable.

last 4 shots the overview of the model,sky in just the detail and paint to go.
kind regards kim

danpickard

Hi Kim,
Some nice contrasting colour saturation in the mini scene, with the sky background and bright green waters adding some "Marsh" boldness.  I thought a couple of those desk details looked familiar.  I am a bit concerned that the rail exit from the side of that wharf office might look a bit tight along side the door frame, but it might just be the photo angle and perspective.

Is this piece coming to Bowral in a few weeks?  If so, I look forward to a proper look over the results.

Cheers,
Dan

1-32

hi dan
how are you doing good call on the door clearence if it was a working model it would not work .i went to a lot of trouble planning it but guess what balls up .i am think of putting a mirror there to give a bit of optical depth i will give it a try.
my colours um.what you see there is mostly undercoats i bought some ak interactive rust primer i love the stuff cover everything you cant go wrong.
with the resin water i have got it the wrong way round.the first pour should have been dark then another lighter pour.as it is i poured the light first now i will have to pour the darker last. there is a risk that it will affect the depth of the resin ie-depth of water.live and learn ah.
yep i will be in the southern highlands at the narrow gauge convention for saturday only.i am looking forward to seeing some great modelling and old friends.
kind regards kim

finescalerr

I like the general composition. Overall it seems an improvement so I now understand why you took another stab. Should be quite nice when you have finished. -- Russ