• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Jacobs Creek Mk 2

Started by Barney, July 31, 2023, 07:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gill

Barney, I think you've got it this time!

The way the end walls are constructed I am wondering if there will not be side walls so that the engines and the interior can be easily studied?

Bernhard

Amazing work! Are the machines based on real prototypes?

Bernhard

Barney

The Hot oil engine based on a Ruston Hornsby  -England
and the Steam Engine is based on an Atlas - USA
Both made many variations so I went down the middle in my  normal "Freelance Prototypes" Way
Bill the sides will be open and from the saw mill side you should be able to see right through - the back wooden wall will have to large doorways
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Ray Dunakin

Marvelous work as usual! But what is a hot oil engine? Do you mean a hot bulb engine?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Stuart

Nice work. I'm looking forward to the completed project.

Barney

Ray  - Yes also known as "Hot Bulb" I took loads of photos of my version and the owner said later versions of HoT bulb types had  slight improvements were the Fuel/ oil is sprayed in ( not injected as in Diesel ) this is were the term Hot oil comes in its getting closer to the Diesel engine as we now know it
The Spray is started at the Hot bulb end of things and gets heated up  from the hot bulb - All mind boggling thoughts !!!
Barney   
Stuart McPherson

1-32

Hi Barney.
It is coming together really well,
Your mini machinery is very convincing.
cheers

Barney

Hot Bulb Engine and Steam Engine now in place the Compressor (which will be driven from the Hot Bulb Engine is a trial fit and is still in undercoat stage a few fury bits of timber to sort and then its Over head pulleys and shafts and loads of pipe work said with a short intake of breath !!
Barney
1 the Steam Engine side
 2   the Hot bulb engine side
  3   looking down the 3 cylinder compressor on the end wall still in Primer

Stuart McPherson

Barney

The Hot bulb /hot oil engine the rusty bit on the end is where the Hot Bulb Lives for starting 
Stuart McPherson

Ray Dunakin

Awesome! I'm amazed at how quickly you put these things together.

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

The quality is to your usual very high standards. Satisfactory. -- Russ

Barney

Ray I consider myself a slow model builder my main fault being I tend to wander off (scale hopping) in to other subjects the
"Steam Punk " era already having thoughts on along with some large scale stuff just for a rest back to the Garner era  "the Onion Harvester days  ( last seen on this forum under marine stuff Jan 27 2013 ) can not believe it was that long ago I was just a young Lad !!!!
This one Jacobs Creek - A bit of old stock from the stock box to help it on its way The Engines were built some 2 years early but got a bit fed up with them they were never finish until now - so my apologies if it makes me look like some super model builder !!
Barney
collecting bits for my Steam Punk stuff and sleeping !
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Bit more work on the power house - some of the overhead pulley system - the steam engine ones are for the Timber mill one drive for the saw and the other one for various machines in the mill - the arrival of the reconditioned 3 cylinder compressor ( the nice clean looking blue thing just back from a major overhaul)
1st  the Steam engine side belt tensioner yet to be fitted
Stuart McPherson

Barney

2nd the Hot Bulb engine side with reconditioned compressor (still some work to the support beams )
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World