• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

HUFFKINS Mine

Started by Barney, January 04, 2018, 12:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gill

That's looking good, Barney.

finescalerr

It really has character. By now we expect your typically clean construction and clever use of shapes but, beyond that, something about the overall appearance of the thing is unusually pleasing. -- Russ

Barney

My apologies for the quality of the last photos all seemed a bit fuzzy ! - first day out with my new camera and of course did not check the settings
(more like did not read all the instructions )  all sorted now so will try again after adding a be more detail
Barney

finescalerr

The photo resolution available on our site is too low for any soft focus in your images to be noticeable. But take more photos anyway! -- Russ

Barney

The problem was in the ISO it was set way to high and gave a grainy effect !
so here they are again

Barney

much better I think

Barney

the last one

Barney

Tugger Hoist ready for the paint-shop But its cold out there so on with the Cement mixer - trial fit of every thing - support brackets in several places to be made and detail up with nuts/bolts and rivets next
Another little bit of mining equipment I found was a little compressed air loco a strange "dangerous" looking bit of kit but its got "atmosphere" about it - wheels are from the scrap  box
and a suitable size lump of acrylic rod forms the tank -It was made by a company called RIX can not find much about it but it was powered by 2 Square pistons !! quite a bit of info on the square piston engines but not much else -I found one photo from a catalogue of air compression bits - I could not see any copyrights and I hope I am not offending any one by showing the photo - I'm doing it it just for a hobby and not for any gain.
Barney

Barney

Wheels from the scrap box with styrene rims all to be cleaned up

Barney

Power plant I will leave to after a visit to a Tractor and stationary engine show at the end of the month 

Barney

Start of the  RIX Compressed air loco

Barney

The only photo I can find

LesTindall

Barney, your modelling always impresses me, the detail is so crisp and clear. 
As you say that compressed air loco looks a dangerous "animal" to operate.

Les

finescalerr

You seem to crank out your little beauties as though they require no work at all. I don't know how you do it. -- Russ

LesTindall

Just wondered how you are going to tackle the "domed" tank ends on the compressed-air loco.

Les