• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Fordson tugger hoist

Started by Chuck Doan, January 10, 2017, 09:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bexley

Good thing I read the whole thread before asking how you modeled the chain. I had to do one a few years ago, and it was a nightmare. Is the chain feature new for SW 2017, or was it in 2016?
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

Chuck Doan

I think it first came out in version 2015. We have 2016, and it worked like a peach. I just recently added some sag (thanks Bill!) just by changing the path sketch.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Bexley

I will have to check that out at work on Monday.
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

Bexley

Ah, it's an assembly feature. That's why I hadn't seen it before; I rarely work inside assemblies.
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

Franck Tavernier

Awesome quality print Chuck!

You found the holy grail of 3D printing!

And everyone can work with these guy's? Do they have a website?

Franck

Hydrostat

Chuck,
that looks promising. I'd be interested in the provider, kind of printer, material and so on, too (just for industrial espionage purposes).

Cheers,
Volker 
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

5thwheel

Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Bill Gill

That is impressive resolution! It would be interesting to stress test a scrap piece of the material to compare it to Shapeways resins.

Chuck Doan

http://www.jandstechnologies.com/

When I received the part, I asked if could post it with their info. John said fine, they are looking for customers!

I haven't broken the part yet, so I don't really know it's properties. I don't think it's any worse than the FUD. I haven't tried any solvents either. Not having any wax to deal with is really nice. The Shapeways FUD/FXD is basically the same tech and material as the parts I first got from Print A Part back in 2009. And they were around before that. Most industry based companies using newer tech don't want to bother with model builders.

I haven't received my quotes yet for the parts I need, so it could still be a surprise for the wallet. So it is promising, but...

BTW, Form 2 printers don't seem to be that expensive...

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

finescalerr

Perfection. And please let us know about that fabrication outfit. -- Russ

Hauk

Yay! That finish look perfectly like cast iron!
Would love to try that service provider.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Ray Dunakin

Amazing quality on that printed gear!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

NORCALLOGGER

Absolutely beautiful, but please put a bolt/screw in that sprocket guard where it meets the frame ;D

Chuck Doan

Added a builders plate and some wire rope, a great way to really slow down the computer.

finescalerr

Will that twisted filament cable print? -- Russ