• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

Morning my fellow fiddlers have started a new topic,-Sandy Hollow- might as well it will incorporate a lot of my recent stuff and forward for hopefully for the next year or so -here goes'
1/35 to 1/32 scale code 100 on 16.5 track about 80 percent scratch using pretty well everything.
Please use the photos for reference. So far the model is 7 pieces this includes the baseboards easy if you want to add or change in the future something that I really like. Across the model is a wooden footbridge the steel ruler is its plan attached to this is working mechanical signals that are attached to the leaver frame no hidden pieces. This section is removable as a lot of stuff happens here and is a joy to build in comfort.
cheers.
https://images52.fotki.com/v1552/photos/3/1816483/16292897/DSC_8627-vi.jpg.
https://images54.fotki.com/v556/photos/3/1816483/16292897/DSC_89992-vi.jpg.
https://images12.fotki.com/v1226/photos/3/1816483/16292897/DSC_8981-vi.jpg.

1-32

finescalerr

fspg2

Simply wonderful, your model building style!
I like it too!
Frithjof

Design-HSB

Kim, I can look forward to a great sequel.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Hydrostat

Kim,

nearly more than your modeling I like your drawings; ther's a kind of mutual aesthetic within both of them. Would be interesting to see a drawn background with the model.

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

1-32

Thank you all.
Volker yes drawing is great fast and if you make a mistake no worries I bought a set of cheap markers most colours I don't use the set had about 30 tones but really you could get away with 5.
Two new pictures.
The signal section has its own baseboard track, a section of the footbridge and the set up for the signal , scale chains cables through small wheels between the signal and lever frame. There is enough weight in the signal to always to return it to stop mechanically. That signal in the photo is an old one I might make a new signal but I want it attached to the footbridge..The last one what the heck it is of an Australian wooden railway trestle but look at the signal post that is one tree hardwood with a strong straight grain.
cheers.

Barney

very interesting - will be a delightful diorama - nice planning techniques
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Bernhard

Very nice project, Kim. I like your style!

Bernhard

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hi everybody at this stage of the craziest year ever I would like this opportunity to wish everybody a happy and most importantly a safe Christmas 2020.Russ a special thanks to you for your backing of this unique collection of model makers worldwide and yes a very happy holiday season to you..
So the little signal now goes stop and accept or stop and go 93 mm or 3 and 4 eight inches high.

finescalerr

Nice work, Kim. --  Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

Kim, once again an example of your modelling.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

Morning all trusting you are all well.
My little footbridge over the cutting now has one half, to finish there will be a few paint washers and some foliage in the shady parts and at the bottom of the watercourses.I want to build a new signal the one that I posted was too mainline this is a 2-foot narrow gauge so a simpler one would be more appropriate. All wood construction with wire I think I have bondage tendencies I always want to tie up things to finish just one colour that has been diluted about 4 times very easy.
cheers.