• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The book to have

Started by Barney, May 02, 2024, 11:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Well recommended loads of diagrams workshop tools /machine tools /boilers /steam engines
A text Book of Mechanical engineering by Wilfrid J Lineham First published 1902
this is a 1904 version off EBAY £11:00 an excellent book to have
Warning if you get hold of one don't drop it on your foot ! its Heavy
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Barney

ONE MORE
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Stuart

A great reference book for sure.

Hauk

I would love to have access to that book!

Researching my workshop diorama, exact information about the actual prototype is ideal, but in lack of specific information the secon best thing is general informatioan from the right era.

This book is an excellent example of this type of "secondary information". And even if this book was first published in 1902, it could have relevance for modelling projects up to the present. I have seen tools and workshop equipment more than 100 years old still beeing used in mechanical workshops.

Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Peter_T1958

In addition, on-line encyclopaedias may also be of great help. I often used this here (example shows findings to the term ,, Stehlager")

http://www.zeno.org/Zeno/0/Suche?q=stehlager&k=Meyers-1905
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci-

https://industrial-heritage-in-scale.blogspot.ch/