• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

kims trailers

Started by 1-32, September 17, 2017, 05:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

hi there my new topic trailers mostly 50 and 60 i love them.
i hope these images last we will see.
there will be a series of them scratch built with airbrush finish.paper and plastic this one is a tear drop.no 3d printing no model engineering just going for the essence fast and good fun.
cheers kim

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

detail_stymied

s.e. charles

1-32

please what is canned ham i dont have a clue.
cheers

Lawton Maner

finescalerr

I like it. It has character. -- Russ

Hydrostat

Me too! Epecially the little awning. What did you use for it?
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

1-32

hi .
this all started as a project to get me back into modelling after 8 months.
nothing too complicated nothing too precious now it has grown into a series based around referance that i have collected.
i use a combination of illistration board and illistration paper.i like this paper, board product a lot ,you can pile on the paint and it does not warp.i use the paper for the awnings.
i think now that you can do away with the board and just use the paper,at very good art shops you can get a thin and thick variety and to make it even more interesting they come in 3 textures -smooth medium and rough i use the smooth .
another thing that has helped is buying a very good airbrush-Iwata,after all the rubbish airbrushes that i have used this is a dream .
anyway thanks for the interst .
cheers kim

Chuck Doan

Very nice! Glad you are modeling again.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

1-32

thanks Chuck.
looking around there are great 3 d artists  that find it hard to get motivated again
maybe it is remembering what a pain in the bum the last project became or can i do better than the last 12 month project/really what is the point maybe a really good plastic kit is the answer-just to get obsessed again.
cheers kim

1-32

here is one more i call this one the toaster i am waiting for the wheels.they come from a plastis kit range -Arii 1/32 owners club .
cheers kim

Sami

Design-HSB

Hi Kim,

is this a model kit, or own production?

I have been a passionate camper since my earliest youth only I don't know a caravan with a dark roof.
Because of the sun this is simply impractical the heat up too much. Definitely nice interesting models.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal