• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Ian McQue's Deckhands Series #1

Started by FichtenFoo, March 26, 2012, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BKLN

The next logic step is obviously the combination of 3D-scanning and 3D-prototyping. Which means we all can have our little mini-me's in our modelworld, regardless of scale.  :D

And I agree, a company like Preiser should indeed pay close attention. Currently they are untouchable by their competition, but technology can turn the tide very quickly. But I'd rather see a small company like Industria Mechanika succeed with good sales and full books for such innovative work. They deserve the credit!

NE Brownstone

Did Mr. Ian ever work for Valve?  The characters look close to the style used on their game Team Fortress 2, especially the guy with the cig in his mouth. 

Love Mr. McQues artwork.  Tell him that he's acquired a new fan, the next time you see him.
Russ
The other, other Russ

FichtenFoo

Not sure. The only one I know if is Rockstar North.

Forgot to post here though that the 1/35 scale figures will be going up for preorder tomorrow 4.4.2012. The price is $35usd for the 3 figures + shipping and they'll be shipping in May! Much sooner than my July estimate. The 1/24 scale version hasn't been printed yet, but as soon as I get the prints, they too will go into production with a preorder soon following.

http://industriamechanika.com/blog/shop-industria-mechanika/ian-mcques-deckhands-series-1/
Chicks dig giant robots.

Chuck Doan

So someday soon we will step into a 3D scanning pod to create our own replicant...just make sure a fly isn't in there with you!

These figures are really neat.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

FichtenFoo

Quote from: Chuck Doan on April 03, 2012, 08:07:52 AM
So someday soon we will step into a 3D scanning pod to create our own replicant...just make sure a fly isn't in there with you!

These figures are really neat.

You may be joking, but I'll be announcing something similar in the next day or two. ;-)
Chicks dig giant robots.

marc_reusser

Quote from: FichtenFoo on April 03, 2012, 07:33:02 AM
Forgot to post here though that the 1/35 scale figures will be going up for preorder tomorrow 4.4.2012. http://industriamechanika.com/blog/shop-industria-mechanika/ian-mcques-deckhands-series-1/

Been there....done that!

I thought Ian also did work on the "Grand Theft Auto" series.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

Quote from: Chuck Doan on April 03, 2012, 08:07:52 AM

Those full body scanners at the airport are actually a plot by Preiser, to scan you for their new figure lines.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Mr Potato Head

The poor bastard that hase to see mine over and over,........douh! ??? ??? ???
MPH
Objects in scanner may appear larger than actual size! Plus they don't call me Mr. Potato Head for nothing
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

BKLN

Quote from: marc_reusser on April 04, 2012, 03:13:10 AM
I thought Ian also did work on the "Grand Theft Auto" series.

I would give an arm and a leg for kit versions of Nico and some of the other dudes from GTA IV. Dave Krakow and I have taken many virtual driving tours thru Liberty City to investigate buildings. The level of visual authenticity in regards to the real world as just amazing. I bought a PS3 just to play this game. It's modeling at the highest level.

The GTA IV concept art has been a great inspiration to my model projects. It makes you realize how much great stuff there is, right in front of the door step.

eTraxx

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Lawton Maner

Scary, but I swear the two slackards on the right were on my payroll when I was running a cabinet shop.  The one with the mop looks as though he would get lost going to the bathroom. ;D

With work like this the traditional vendors of figures had better take notice or be left in the dust.

FichtenFoo

Quote from: Lawton Maner on April 04, 2012, 06:12:47 PM
Scary, but I swear the two slackards on the right were on my payroll when I was running a cabinet shop.  The one with the mop looks as though he would get lost going to the bathroom. ;D

With work like this the traditional vendors of figures had better take notice or be left in the dust.

Nah... it's cool if they don't notice. I'm cool with that. LOL! Besides... it's not just the 3D tech, the subject matter and character counts I think.
Chicks dig giant robots.

billmart

Quoteit's not just the 3D tech, the subject matter and character counts I think.

I agree, 100 per cent.  These three guys ooze character without being caricatures.  Well done to the artist and the 3D guru.

Bill M.

billmart

Oops!   My previous post should have said These three guys..., not These the guys...

Is there a way to edit an existing post on this forum?

Bill M.

finescalerr

One only need wish it and it happens here. -- Russ