• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Four Wheel Logging Caboose and Water Car in 1:16 scale.

Started by Scratchman, July 18, 2022, 04:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scratchman

The article is in the 2008 Logging, Mining and Industrial Annual.

Gordon Birrell

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gordonbirrell/

Ray Dunakin

They are both great but I especially like that little caboose. So much character!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Those photos look familiar. Too bad all couldn't have been as big as they are here. The models really are superb. -- Russ

Bernhard

Two beautiful models. I especially like all the little details in the caboose.

Bernhard

Stuart

Got to see these little beauties first hand today plus a plethora of Gordon's other modeling gems.  This guy is amazing with both the quality and quantity of his workmanship.  I am fortunate to live only 20 minutes from his home in Utah.  It was great meeting with you today Gordon.  And keep up the good, or rather, excellent work.

Stuart

finescalerr

I was hoping you could visit Gordon. He is a rare talent, isn't he? -- Russ

Stuart

Absolutely!  One would probably never suspect he spent his career as a brick mason.

Stuart

finescalerr

You would if you knew the superiority of his brickwork. Even people from other states would request him for special projects. Gordon was no ordinary brick mason. -- Russ

TRAINS1941

Wow!  Gordon they are just beautiful.  That caboose is exceptional.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Bill Gill

I remember that caboose. Excellent! Thanks for reminding us.