• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

Evening all.
Thanks, Thomas yes I also missed catching last year you have to look at the future yes.
Moving along up to this point I have been following a photo to get a start but it is getting too boring so from now on I will make it up I have an idea.
cheers, Kim.

1-32

Good afternoon all.
Moving along with my little bush loco on a 1/35 scale. All my builds are tending towards the straightforward approach-simple tools simple materials and using anything that I can pick up along the way.
The loco is taking shape as you can see the back trucks are fitted and a Tenshodo motorized power unit is installed under the hood the underside of the power unit is disguised by the same commercial trucks modified. So far I am really happy with it all and can't wait to move onto the next stages -detail and paint.
cheers.

1-32

Good Evening all hoping you are all in the best of health?
All good here also winter is coming.
So a bit of detail and color-airbrush washes more of an undercoat it is going to look great on Sandy Hollow.
cheers.

Hydrostat

I really like it! It has a lot of character and to my eyes 'breathes' the improvised conversion of a road to rail vehicle. Only the frame looks a bit weak?
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Ray Dunakin

I love it! Very appealing in form, color, and texture!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hi Volker
I was looking at this frame issue also but after trying a few different thicknesses I will keep this one. The frame is in two sections-under the engine and under what I call the tray-the back 2 thirds of the model. The tray thickness is 200 mm steel channel, the engine is 140 mm double thickness steel channel. The size of this little pocket rocket is 5 meters long .1.4 meters wide and off the rails 2.4 heigh.
cheers

1-32

Hi Ray.
you have just caught me thanks yes the colour always a big decision this has been applied by airbrush. Airbrushes in my book are a big pain but when everything lines up there is nothing to compare.
Cheers

finescalerr

Well, you certainly didn't achieve the paint peels (where the bare wood shows through) with just an airbrush. Yet another extremely charismatic component for what looks to be a terrific diorama. -- Russ

1-32

Morning all.
The nice thing about this roof cladding is that at the start I had no idea what I wanted but after a lot of thrown-out efforts I like this.
Very thin tin sheet over a wooden backing suitably distressed to reflect its coastal environment.
cheers.

Lawrence@NZFinescale

Quote from: 1-32 on April 14, 2021, 02:46:28 PM
...' after a lot of thrown-out efforts'

That's the secret!!!
Cheers,

Lawrence in NZ
nzfinescale.com

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Morning Ray how are you doing.?
Moving along the control panel is fitted with simple oil pressure, fuel, and speedo beside it is a tramway style controller. Still to be added is the gear shift.
Personally, it is so much fun.
cheers.

finescalerr

It looks really good at this point. You're obviously having fun with it. -- Russ

Design-HSB

hello Kim, again one of the typical works for you with the special charm.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

Hello Russ and Helmut'
Thanks.
Looking at the photo I am shocked at how rough my modelling is getting.
No, I am not just a joke.
cheers.