• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

New York Alleyway Diorama "Scratch building"

Started by Alamedy Diorama, November 04, 2013, 05:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi Constant

This is some beautiful work and wonderful attention to detail!  Welcome.  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

darrylhuffman

Over the years I have heard so many people say they would like to build models but they do not have the room or the money to do so.

Your excellent diorama is proof that anyone can build a great model if the interest is strong enough.

Thank you for sharing your photos with us.
Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com
The search for someone else to blame is always succcessful.

Arno Boudoiron

Frederic Testard

Quote from: darrylhuffman on November 11, 2013, 08:26:08 AM
Your excellent diorama is proof that anyone can build a great model if the interest is strong enough.
Yes, Darryl, but that still requires a little bit of talent...

Beautiful scenes, made with a lot of ingenuity.
Frederic Testard

BKLN

Ali,
I thought about the New York theme of your diorama. Living in New York, I have to be honest with you: It doesn't really look like a cliche New York alley. But I think it has a wonderful feel of "any dark alley", so it just a problem of naming your diorama to something more generic.

I would very much love to see a Iraq diorama from you. You are living in a crazy world these days, with the war and unrest. I am sure there are plenty of interesting subjects for a diorama just outside your door. Places and things that we will never get to see, unless you show them to us!

Christian

Barney

Great stuff its different and interesting -just keep it coming and of course "A big Welcome"
Barney

finescalerr

I like Christian's idea (BKLN):

Have you built a diorama of a local scene? If not, why not take a photo of something near your home and build a very small diorama of it? You might take a different approach because you would be much more familiar with exactly how things should look. That might be very interesting for you and the rest of us to analyze and compare.

Russ

BKLN

It is really hilarious, how we are always drawn to the mystery of far away places. Just think about Alexander's Mogadishu diorama.

I would also think that there are plenty of military modelers who would be interested to collaborate with Ali on some Iraq related projects.

Christian

Ray Dunakin

I can't speak for Ali, but personally I think if I lived in a place that has been through years of warfare and is still experiencing ongoing strife, war-related scenes would be the last thing I'd want to model.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Frederic Testard

Frederic Testard

BKLN

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on November 13, 2013, 05:26:11 PM
I can't speak for Ali, but personally I think if I lived in a place that has been through years of warfare and is still experiencing ongoing strife, war-related scenes would be the last thing I'd want to model.

Absolutely! We all have different motivations to build models. For some of us, modeling is an escape into another world, for others it's three dimensional documentation and some just love the process of creating.

finescalerr

Why do we assume the scene must be war related? He modeled a New York alley. I supposed the diorama could have included gangs knifing each other ... but it didn't. And I doubt every block in Iraq reflects desolation and carnage.  Right? -- Russ

BKLN

Ha, this might be the first time I get to send Russ into the corner.

"Russ, go stand in the corner!

finescalerr

Alamedy Diorama

Many many thanks for all of you and sorry for the late replay  
about building an Iraqi diorama I think Ray Dunakin said it all, I really doesn't like to build something I can see in everywhere in my country "BTW I live in the north of Iraq ERBIL which is so far from the war" I love to build beautiful scenes of different cultures ,I built a french cafe ,British bookstore ,Italian house facade ,American railroad buildings etc and a Japanese street scene "in progress"
again thanks a lot for all the comments and the suggestions
here are some how I built things