• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1918 Holt Trencher

Started by Barney, February 25, 2013, 12:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

The start of my latest "Odd Bod" a 1918 Canadian built Holt Trenching machine in 1/35th scale - Built by many companies some successful others not so good ! most started out life as a heavy tractor for agriculture work and modified by various companies into trenching / ditching machines many commissioned by the War Department for use in Europe for trenching and pipe laying enclosed a few photos of a few examples of these "odd bod machines"
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Barney

Barney

Back dating the Trumpeter Russian Cat drive by modifications to the side frames – replacing the coil springs with leaf springs and fitting a channel section chassis to support a wheel arrangement to the front - a central gear box with a transmission brake and pulley drive for the lowering of the Jib/ buckets
Hosted on Fotki

Central Drive and gear box
Hosted on Fotki

modified side frames and suspension
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Barney

Underside A frame and torsion bars to be fitted

Hosted on Fotki

New wider floor fitted

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Barney

Andi Little

Very Clever! ....................................[Now repeat it again, slowly and with the appropriate Charlie Chan accent].
KBO..................... Andi.

marc_reusser

Brilliant! Beutiful scrtch and bash work, on a wonderfully unique and complex subject. Really looking forward to seeing how this build progresses.

Will you be bringing it to Gordon's?........;)

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser link=topic=2080.msg39891#msg39891 date=1361831878

Marc
/quote]

Why ? Are you coming ?

Scratchman

shropshire lad

Here's a picture of Barney's first attempt at a Holt Trench Digger . It's not bad . I only just managed to catch it as he threw it into the dustbin .

lab-dad

Way cool!!!
Right up my alley - I love what OSHA hates.
Marty

JohnTolcher

Hi Barney, great start on this fascinating project!

Cheers
Cheers
John in Australia

marc_reusser

Quote from: shropshire lad on February 25, 2013, 02:50:05 PM

Marc
/quote]

Why ? Are you coming ?

Wish I could...but was trying to see if Gordon could possibly abscond with it for me. :)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on February 25, 2013, 04:40:22 PM
Quote from: shropshire lad on February 25, 2013, 02:50:05 PM

Marc
/quote]

Why ? Are you coming ?

Wish I could...but was trying to see if Gordon could possibly abscond with it for me. :)

Not much point absconding with it yet as it isn't finished and won't be by Saturday . Anyway , it'll need its regulation ten coats of Humbrol Khaki before it is ready to be nicked . And when it is , I'll be doing the nicking , to add to my collection of Holt Trenchers ,

Nick

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

It could be worse .... -- Russ