• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Late night follies presents ... a "quickie" WINTER diorama

Started by Malachi Constant, February 07, 2013, 01:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chester

"Cool" little Project Dallas. It is quite moody, nice effects.

finescalerr

For a guy who can't paint, your backdrop looks very good. Buy why didn't you just find a photo? -- Russ

Malachi Constant

Um, good question ... it's not quite as easy as "just find a photo" ... that turns into:  find a photo, do some fixes, get it properly scaled and then find someone to print it seamlessly (large sheet printer) ... rather work with my hands than a computer (though they are darned useful) ... and think I actually prefer a painting here ... better able to blend a slightly impressionistic photo with my somewhat impressionistic modeling.  If I could do "photo realistic" modeling like Chuck, maybe I'd use a photo in the back!  Of course, he just takes his outside and makes it "work" ...

So, I guess I'm just screwed by my own inabilities and trying to make do ... or something!  ;D  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Chuck Doan

I'm glad you got something done Dallas. Looks quite nice, thanks for the build info!

I too have to rely on someone else to print a large photo...sounds like painting was more fun.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/