• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Iron Painter 8 Round 6 (Final!): "Last One Standing"

Started by Bexley, February 25, 2012, 09:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Awesome scene! The best yet, IMHO. The tree is sort of Giger-esque. The girl's pose is perfect.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bexley

I went on to the next round. (Also had the highest score of the eight entries.) The new theme is "It's Alive!" I may have to abandon the post apocalyptic meta-theme, as all my ideas are either horror or fantasy in nature. We'll see, though.
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

Malachi Constant

Quote from: Bexley on May 19, 2012, 11:21:42 PM
I went on to the next round. (Also had the highest score of the eight entries.)

Excellent.  Well-earned.  Congrats!  Looking forward to the next bit of madness, sanity or whatever it turns out to be.  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Bexley

And here it is. My opponent failed to finish due to con crud from ReaperCon, so I get a pass into the final
round. One win away from the $500 cash money. (Or,  suppose, $50 if I lose.)

28mm figures. (So, about 1/56.)

CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

finescalerr

I might be rather pleasant to hear that you won. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Really nice paint job, especially the facial details.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bexley

Last theme has finally been announced. "Last One Standing." Unfortunately, nothing is really popping into my head. A couple half ideas, but nothing solid.
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

Malachi Constant

An over-crowded women's restroom?  

Winner @ One-legged men in a turtle-stomping contest?

Bunch of 1/35 scale iron painters fallen over after painting their little 1/160 figures ... blood and paint mixing in puddles on the floor ... one left ... the winner?  (For extra irony, have the iron painters painting irons.)  (Maybe the painters are tiny and the irons are big ... and all but one of the irons have fallen and crushed their respective painters.  Splat!)

Guess I'll go stand in the corner now ... but I won't be the last one!  ;D  
-- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Bexley

I did consider a kid playing with toy soldiers, with all but one soldier "dead." I think I still have some old 6mm GW space marines. Still pretty big for 1/35 "toys," but it;s an idea.
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

Bexley

I think I have my idea sorted out. I saw two kids this afternoon kicking the heads off of dandelions, and I got the idea of a kid doing the same thing- surrounded by destroyed dandelions, with one intact one remaining, about to meet the same fate as its friends.
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack