• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Me and my monster or a farm in the corner of the model railroad

Started by Bea, February 07, 2021, 10:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bea

I promised to show some pictures of what I built so far, and here we go.

But maybe a few words about me and my goals before: after years of planning his railroad
(thanks to a big cellar room we talk about 40+ metres of rails I think) my husband finally started the
woodwork last summer. Him making progress, I thought it would be nice to start our deal as well: his
Christmas gift was "the farm" we have been talking about for years as well, because I insisted he could not
concentrate on industry motives only.
Well, 2 days later he stood there grinning with a printed and glued paper plan which had to be rolled out on the floor: here is the space for your farm.

Not that I hadn´t read a lot of forum posts, seen a lot of youtube videos and collected a lot of photos, but phew.... it will be a lot of work. And glue and
colour on my fingers. And a lot of swearing and bad words, to be honest. And a fortune for fibers, trees, Preiser figurines. And a lot of fun I guess.

Here is what I did so far. And at a few points I will yellar for advice, I promise.

outsourced teddy bear artist making hubbie´s rr greener

finescalerr

Bea

Hi Russ,

oh yes, I forgot to write that. Yes, it is H0.

Bea

Bernhard

Welcome aboard, Bea. What a great  start. The scene is well observed. I especially like the cottage garden and the pollarded willow.

Bernhard

Barney

Welcome  - You have some nice stuff there - the scene with the old building with a wheel against it is my favourite  and a smaller scale its amazing - very Pendon
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Barney

https://pendonmuseum.com   
For those who don't know THE PENDON MUSEUM look here
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bea

Quote from: Barney on February 08, 2021, 02:16:10 PM
https://pendonmuseum.com   
For those who don't know THE PENDON MUSEUM look here
Barney
Well this is amazing! I just had a chat with my school time penpal where we discussed the question which white horse we visited when I was with them. In the end she stated it must have been Uffington, and when I saw your vale I immediately said wow they did the white horse area Paula and I have been chatting about... Outstanding! I will give it a good read at the weekend

Thanks, Bea

Bea

Thanks for the nice words, there is a lot of room for improvement. And it is so much fun.

BR Bea

Bea

Hi there,

after quite a busy office week I now have a few days off. I planned to do my own
"how to built real good trees " workshop from all the tipps I read somewhere, but as usual life just laughs about plans.

Though it is kinda good. My Dad, being 85 in April, wanted to be of help for the model, so I bought him wire as I remembered
he did some quite nice trees with mini gems in the 80ies. Well.... what shall I say..... he has a lot of time..... and he loves
to help. I spend most of my lunch breaks driving to our gardener to buy new wire because all other stores are closed, and I can not camouflage the stems
fast enough to get even close to the number of his basics haha.

But with all the tricks I learned here and there they make a real good base.

The pictures are done at artificial light, so I apologize for the poor quality but  am so in love with that blood beech I just wanted to share it.

I promise there will be better pics soon.

the green root parts will be covered by ground, so please ignore.

Have a lovely weekend, br Bea

finescalerr

Bea, remember that your links to those photos eventually will go bad and nobody will be able to see what you are talking it about. Please upload original photos of not more than 230kb. And the software will only permit one photo of that size per post. -- Russ

Bea

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Bea

Quote from: Chuck Doan on February 15, 2021, 06:32:14 PM
Beautiful work! Looks like you are having fun!

I really have.

I have been keen and tried my first pine today.

There is room for improvement, but I really love her :)

Bea