• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Scratchbuilt warehouse in H0

Started by Hauk, August 24, 2012, 01:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Nice work so far, and a cool prototype!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hauk

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on August 29, 2012, 10:57:22 PM
Nice work so far, and a cool prototype!

Thanks!
By the way, the prototype building was demolished right after we took our pictures. We did not take more than a few measurements, but fortunately it was possible to obtain drawings from a local museum.

Point is: If you know of a prototype building that is worth documenting, do it today!
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Hauk

Just a quick post so you know I havent given up.
On the southern wall of the prototype battens have bben added to the panelling. So on this wall I use Kappler scribed siding (1/32" thick, 3/32" spacing) with 1X4 battens. Tedious work, nice results. This is the sort of job I have to divide into rather short sessionsto avoid going totally bonkers.

Thats all for now, Hauk
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Hauk

The Dark Side of Ødsledal Stenexport:

This is the subassembly for the "Annex" of the building. This side of the building will never bee seen again after the building is placed permanently on the layout. Might be tempting to leav it unpanelled...

Nah, too late. Started already. I am really lining the coffers of Kappler, the amounts of stripwood this building absorbes is downright scary.

Above is a test assembly to see how everything adds up. The plan was to have the building ready this christmas, but that might be a bit optimistic.

Regards, Hauk
--

marc_reusser

Nice clean work as always. Glad to see you back on this.

No worries...you have 11 days left. ;D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Lawton Maner

Buy yourself a Byrnes Table Saw. 

Kappler company profits dropped 5% in the quarter following my getting mine.  Scale timber on demand and no waiting for the Pony Express if I run out of an odd size late on a Saturday night.  I now only stock 3/4" X 6" X 24" Basswood, Sugar Pine, and Red Spruce blanks from a local lumber yard and use Just In Time Delivery when I start a project.  The shame is that I won't be able to take it with me into the hospital after Christmas when I under go the transplant.

Design-HSB

Quote from: Hauk on August 27, 2012, 02:03:10 PM
And the point is also to make a relatively simple model, so no interior will be modelled. I save the "all stops" modelling for 0-scale!
Hauk Hello,

why are you building this great model because scale is not 0?
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Hauk

Quote from: Design-HSB on December 19, 2012, 11:50:21 AM
why are you building this great model because scale is not 0?

I´m a member of a model railroad club here in Trondheim, Norway, and this building is for our club layout.
Here is an image of the facades pemporarily placed on the layout:

By the way, Norway is a rocky place, and the layout will reflect that:

Regards, Hauk
--

Design-HSB

Hello Hauk

clear if this is the club I understand the different scale.

The structure of the rocks looks already very nice.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

That is going to be a very impressive structure when it's finished!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hauk

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on December 20, 2012, 04:29:50 PM
That is going to be a very impressive structure when it's finished!

Thanks to all for the encoragement!

Some work have been done during the christmas holiday:

And the best christmas gift (besides that trip to Berlin my wife gave me) was that I found three of the etched windows I thought was lost forever. The joy of christmas!
Regards, Hauk
--

Chuck Doan

Those windows really look good. I like the red siding too.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

Satisfactory, especially for HO. -- Russ

chester

TRAINS1941

Coloring is great.  Those windows are real winners and HO.  Nice job.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin