• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Farm scene

Started by Alamedy Diorama, January 13, 2014, 01:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alamedy Diorama

Hi
As I started 3 years ago with my first scene "Farm house" and it was aweful for sure, I decided to build a new farm scene with much attention to details .So I did a wide research in order to have an idea about the farm sheds and the houses since I didnt see too much farms in my country and the true inspiration was 2 artists Chuck Doan and Marcel Ackle so thank you so much for your great work :)

Here is some pictures of my process on the shed

artizen

I've been watching bits and pieces of this on FB but this series is so much better. So many small details and wonderful technique.
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

Alamedy Diorama

Thank you so much artizen  :)

BKLN

I can see how you were inspired by Marcel and Chuck! This looks great.
I really like the moldy look of the wood.

Malachi Constant

Quote from: BKLN on January 13, 2014, 06:03:00 AM
I can see how you were inspired by Marcel and Chuck! This looks great.
Same here!  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

finescalerr

It may have Marcel's and Chuck's influence but the style and execution are very clearly your own. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Very nice! I love the cracked and weathered timbers.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Alamedy Diorama

Thank you my friends ,So glad you like it  :)

Lightengine

Hi, Great weathering here reminiscent of one of several masters, Nouaillier.
One question?  How can I bookmark this thread so that I can reeturn to it later?

Chuck Doan

Somehow I missed this thread. Very nice work! I like all the great colors and textures.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

marc_reusser

Quote from: Lightengine on May 11, 2014, 02:48:51 AM
Hi, Great weathering here reminiscent of one of several masters, Nouaillier.
One question?  How can I bookmark this thread so that I can reeturn to it later?

If you are viewing the page/thread, the URL in your browser will be for the page/thread....just click "Add to Favorites" up in your browser menu bar.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Lightengine

Thanks for the reply Mark.  I wondered if the site had a favourites button or a subscribe button like other sites do.

chester

Nice combination of materials and well executed, well done.

marc_reusser

Quote from: Lightengine on May 13, 2014, 04:11:57 PM
Thanks for the reply Mark.  I wondered if the site had a favourites button or a subscribe button like other sites do.

I think all it has is the "Notify" tab at the lower right, that will notify you when a new post has been added to the thread.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works