• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

new project 2013

Started by 1-32, August 06, 2013, 02:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

hi all trusting that you are all well.
i would like to share with you some directions of my new 1-32n20 project.for a better name i will call it- new project 2013.the first photo is of a really basic mock up.again maritime industral smaller size-700 by 700 mm[30 by 30 inches.remember that the water level is 50 mm[2 inches] below rail level.

features .
1-resin water
2-sense of distance,train stops behind back scene.
3-detailed narrow gauge diesel service point on siding at frount.
4-harbour entrance under factories at back.
5-detailed back scene.
6-multi level track.
7-new range of industral barges
8-and for the first 3 callers a free set of steak knives.

the last set of photoes are of stuff that i really like and would like to build-kind regards kim.

finescalerr

Kim, I think that last set of photos is your best modeling ever. -- ssuR

Seriously, the project is taking shape nicely.

1-32

hey russ.
the biggest problem that i have had so far is fitting it all in under the big building ,right corner.there is the rail line traveling behind the back scene and the canal also traveling off scene under the same building.this is how i have done it.

the canal finishes in a blacked out area under the building with a curved divider seperating the railway.the only area that will be visible will be the entrances to the canal and railway.
kind regards kim

danpickard

I'll email you the address for the steak knives Kim  ;D

Good to see the start of the new project.  It will be interesting to see how it all fits into the small footprint and disguises the short run.  Have always liked the challenging shapes you like to use in your work.

Cheers,
Dan

1-32

hi dan
you and me old sun,what i usually find is that the finished item is completely different and the displays are getting smaller.
sorry i am all out of the steak knives but we have a very nice line of dessert spoons will mail you wont be unhappy.
kind regards kim

granitechops

I dont get any photos in that first post,
only blank box & little red cross, that does not respond to "show Picture"
Don in sunny Devon, England

finescalerr

I just went back for a look and, yes, the images are gone. Are they links or uploads, Kim? Remember, links usually fail after a short time. -- Russ

1-32

um that is a bit of a problem.
i load from my camera to windows  live photo gallery where i store most of my photoes.when i want to post i upload to fotiki and create a album and paste from there to the westlake forum.my photoes are still on the site.if it helps i will re-post the photoes.
kind regards kim

finescalerr

In order to make sure images do not disappear from this forum, you must create a lower res (smaller file size) version of the image and store it here. Links rarely last and it is very frustrating to go to an old thread and find most of the photos missing. Here is the thread on how to post images: http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=3.0.

I hope a lot of people stumble upon this thread and, in particular, these last three entries. But I doubt many will consider them relevant.

The dog ate my homework.

Russ

1-32

what i want to know is who has been nicking my photoes ,i know where you live, myself and the dogs will be over right after dinner so watch out.
i think i will start the photo thing again in a week or so it is a bit of waste of time if i am stuffing them up all i can say that this model is getting smaller i think it is about the limit in large scale minium space.when i made the base board it turned out 50 mm smaller all the way around [2 inches].i really dont want want to make new base board and with resin water you really want to make them solid so i want to keep them. size now 700 mm by 700 mm[2 foot 4inches by 2 foot 4 inches]maybe  it is a advantage with the smaller space ,resin weighs a ton so it will be easier to lift.10 mm [just under one half inch]should be plenty for the depth of the resin water.
anyway about those missing photoes.
kind regards kim

jim s-w

Quote from: finescalerr on August 07, 2013, 08:36:02 PM
In order to make sure images do not disappear from this forum, you must create a lower res (smaller file size) version of the image and store it here. Links rarely last and it is very frustrating to go to an old thread and find most of the photos missing. Here is the thread on how to post images: http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=3.0.

I hope a lot of people stumble upon this thread and, in particular, these last three entries. But I doubt many will consider them relevant.

The dog ate my homework.

Russ

Good advice Russ but as I read this forum on my iPad I can't upload any attachments.  :-\

Do you know if there's a reason the attach function doesn't work on an iPad?

Cheers

Jim
Jim Smith-Wright

finescalerr

I don't yet have an iPad (but do have an iPhone) so this is only a guess: Maybe iOS and the forum software don't work well together. You would have to upload the images with your computer. Others may have experience with this and can give you a more practical (and correct) answer. -- Russ