• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Newby

Started by Ronald, March 08, 2008, 03:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

Hi all,

Not knowing where to post; I'm Ronald, 43, modeller of H0 and 0N30. I do mostly exhibition layouts, and I'm here because of the fact that I'm knowing Jacq from my home country the Netherlands, and he mentioned this forum to me. I'm also familliar with Marc who is also in a german forum where I also reside.
So: hallo Jacq, hier ben ik dan. Kunnen we hier lekker verder discuzeuren over banen bouwen! Btw, hoe was Rail2008 (waar we vrijdag met elkaar gesproken hebben?)

I build until know 2 exhibition layouts in H0, named "Metusa Junction" and "The Shop". Further info is on my homepage www.ronaldhalma.tk . Now I'm building a new one in 0N30 named "Harlan Wade's Logging Co".
Here a pic from me at a show in the Netherlands (MBS Heumen 2007) where I tried out the concept of the layout. It wasn't far from ready at that point, excuses for that:

For the record; I'm on the right.... ;) And the layout (a pic that I use for my homepage):

I'm now building the 0N30 layout with Wenz trackwork (as mentioned by Jacq on this forum). I will use 2 loco's, a Bachmann Shay and Climax. The Shay is rebuild with a Backwood miniatures kit. Here some pic's:

And some pic's of the trackwork. These are kits from Wenz (Germany), wooden ties with code 100 rail. The switch is a stub switch. I build one, 3 to go. The switchstand is working:

So, there I am. I will keep you posted!

Grtz,  8) Ronald 8)

John McGuyer

Very nice modeling. Welcome to our little group. From the looks of your pictures, you have a lot to contribute.

John

RoughboyModelworks

Welcome to the Forum Ronald. Looking forward to seeing more of exhibition layout as it progresses...

Bill

jacq01

Hoi Ronald,

you're quick  ::)  yesterday we talked on the show about the forum and now you joined already  ;D ;D ;D.
  Rail 2008 till now is going very well.  2 American friends turned up yesterday. All in all a goodtime seeing a lot
  of dutch  ;D  friends.
  Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

morgan Hill models

Hi Ronald,
Welcome! Very nice On30 diorama. I really like the shadow box display.
-Jon

http://www.morganhillmodels.com/
Finescale wood on30 models

marc_reusser

Ronald !

Welcome to the forum. It's good to see you here.

Great work on the layout.

I am glad to see more European modelers posting here...there is a large amount of very nice and creative/interesting work being done there.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ronald

Hi guys,

Thank you all for your fine comments! As for the fact that the layout has to be finished by November this year due to a exhibition more will come. I hope I can learn a lot from you all!

Grtz, 8) Ronald 8)

Nurser

Ronald, welcome.  BTW, where are the track spikes?
Hector

Ronald

Look carefully.... Spikes are Wenz, and they have a very fine head. Also the track isn't spiked on all places and all ties. Because of the fact that it was my first spiked track it still needs a spike here and there. I will keep you posted!

Grtz,  8) Ronald 8)

Ronald

There I am again ;)

Did a little photoediting with a pic of my Shay:

I think it looks very good!

Grtz,  8) Ronald 8)

marc_reusser

Ronald,

Fun Pic.  Did you cut down/off the B-mann flared bunker/tank sides, or did you make a new one?

I found an even older image of your loco......... ;D ;D ;D

Marc

M-Works

John McGuyer

I sure do like that shay! A bunch of people have been trying for some time to get me to build a narrow gauge train. My K-27 is my first try and I'm enjoying it so much that shay's like yours encourage me to build more.

John

Ronald

Thanks John ;D
QuoteDid you cut down/off the B-mann flared bunker/tank sides, or did you make a new one?
What exactly do you mean Marc?

jacq01

ronald,

did you modify the tank by cutting of the curved top ( as per instructions of Backwoods) or did you built a new tank ?
  For my shay I modified the existing tank by cutting the flare with a jewelers handsaw and added the brass fence. 
  Depending on what diorama I will start, I'll might  convert it to an oil burner and add a new tank.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

marc_reusser

Ahhh....thanks Jacq...I did not know that cutting off the flared sides was part of the Backwoods kit instructions.

Marc

M-Works