• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 Civilian Vehicles (or Military Vehicles that can be Adapted to Civilian)

Started by marc_reusser, April 21, 2012, 02:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawton Maner

Marc:

They sort of remind me of the USPS scooters from the late 1960's.  I think they were made by Cushman.  Not sure of the spelling. 

William & Mary College's gardeners have a fleet of newer model John Deere Gators which also are similar.  W&M has added rotating beacons on the top of them because you will find them scurrying all around the college, even on the city streets, and their composting facility is about 3/4 mile from the central campus.  Sort of remind me of green Vietnamese Cockroaches.

Lawton

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Malachi Constant

Well, it's not a rubber-tire "vehicle" ... but it is a "street" vehicle ... guessing this is the best place to put this ...

In the works from Mini-Art in 1/35 scale:

http://miniart-models.com/index.htm?/38001.htm

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Gordon Ferguson

Well I have no idea what I will do with it , but got to buy one of those !

Thanks Dallas
Gordon

shropshire lad

Quote from: gfadvance on May 15, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
Well I have no idea what I will do with it , but got to buy one of those !

Thanks Dallas

Well , it has gotta be less ugly than the monstrosity you are building at the moment ( did I tell you I've got loads of pictures of them in my Die Feldbahn books ? ) . Looks like an ideal candidate for an RC conversion ,

Nick

Gordon Ferguson

You have such a sweet way with words young Nick!

I had a similar discussion with Angela, along the lines of "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Anyway enough of your wife's comments about you , just leave those books, a large beer and a comfy chair and I will not bother you much on my visit

Gordon

Marc988

Hi all,

found the following website with some nice 1:35 motorcycles and 1:32 Mini Morris both normal and Van; www.swash-design.com

Marc B

marc_reusser

Marc,

Thanks for posting this. I had seen it and then lost the link again. I think it's mucho cool. If in the right setting you might be able to skate it through in a 1/35 scene.

Looks lik something that Gordon will run right out and buy...probably Nick & Barney as well.  ;D ;D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Marc988

indeed very cool and usable for a lot of nice diorama's.

In the latest Tamiya Model Magazine there are some (rather small) very nice pictures of civilian diorama's with a lot of character. These were presented at the SHIZUOKA Show but I have not been able to find them yet on the net. If I find some I will post them.

I they buy one of those Mini's, they should remember to put the steering wheel on the correct side of the car  ;D  ;)

Gordon Ferguson

Marc, when you first tempted me with this I had to explain just how expensive it would end being after postage & customs, etc something equivalent of $150 and it ain't getting any cheaper  :(

Marc, steering wheel is on the right side  ..... Nick is better than me in explaining the downsides of not remaining a loyal colony  ;D

Gordon

shropshire lad

Quote from: gfadvance on July 31, 2013, 11:16:01 AM

Marc, steering wheel is on the right side  ..... Nick is better than me in explaining the downsides of not remaining a loyal colony  ;D

That's right drag me into it , why don't you .

Actually , I don't think Holland ( I think that is where you live , Marc988 . Apologies if I've got that wrong ) was ever a British colony , though it should have been .

I believe that it is only Australia and New Zealand ( with a few islands that one forgets their names ) that remain loyal , though I do wonder about that sometimes when they start playing up !

Nick

finescalerr

Nick, your knowledge of history is so terrible. Australia was a penal colony (known to American insurance companies as Colonial Penn). New Zealand was settled by Russell Postlewaight from Old Zealand, hence its name. Even Britain wasn't a British colony. It was an American colony gone awry. Or possibly awhiskey.

The United States have existed as the dominant world power since the age of Piltdown Man and its inhabitants remain as primitive now as then. Americans have conquered all other nations since the invention of baseball; our pitchers hurl rocks more accurately than those of other nations.

I am so disappointed, Nick, so very disappointed. And possibly lactose intolerant.

Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on July 31, 2013, 12:40:30 PM
Nick, your knowledge of history is so terrible. Australia was a penal colony (known to American insurance companies as Colonial Penn). New Zealand was settled by Russell Postlewaight from Old Zealand, hence its name. Even Britain wasn't a British colony. It was an American colony gone awry. Or possibly awhiskey.

The United States have existed as the dominant world power since the age of Piltdown Man and its inhabitants remain as primitive now as then. Americans have conquered all other nations since the invention of baseball; our pitchers hurl rocks more accurately than those of other nations.

I am so disappointed, Nick, so very disappointed. And possibly lactose intolerant.

Russ

I knew it was a mistake learnin' you Yanks to reed and right as you now get all of your knowledge from that eminent historian Bill Bryson . And I think you'll find that baseball has its origins in that fine old West Country pursuit of cowpat hurling .
   Still , I can't argue about you being just as primitive now as then , because you still drive on the wrong side of the road ( notice the skilful way that I brought the subject back to the beginning again ? ) .

Nick