• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Mini steam Roller

Started by Barney, September 21, 2023, 08:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Talking to some "Steam Buffs" ( that's people who live and sleep anything steam ) They all say that the talented person who built this little gem back in 1933 was todays equivalent to a "boys Toy " and would not have the weight to roll much at all especially with spoked wheels fitted to this little machine
So I have gone more for the typical type of solid rollers often hollow and filled with water !! ( a thing I did not know )
So A few photos of progress     
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Roller and wheel construction  Acrylic tube and some modified tank wheels
coal bunker/ box now fitted - Chain case trial fit and rear wheels - water tank of the welded type as the prototype
rivets just to give it that steam look !
Stuart McPherson

Barney

2 more shots
Stuart McPherson

finescalerr

Most adequate, and the rear roller inserts create a very good impression. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hi Barney.
Your little creations are coming along very well.
All the best Kim

Barney

Mini road roller now in the hands of Nick for him to finish !!! perhaps he might send some Shots of the finished model when he
completes it !!!!!!!!!!!
 Barney
Stuart McPherson

finescalerr

Don't you mean "IF he completes it"? By now we know he ain't building models when he's standing in the corner. -- Russ

Barney

And pigs can fly  - but I have never seen a rubber band
    Barney
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Thinking about it our Nick does some wounderfull models - but he never shows us - bless his cotton socks
Barney
Stuart McPherson