• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Small bridge over Wassertobelbach at Cavadürli, Switzerland.

Started by HelgeAndreas, April 11, 2021, 03:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SandiaPaul

Hauk,

Thanks for the info...brass for me too. There used to be a yahoo group called something like Brass Locomotive Builders. Someone there also was doing O scale real riveting. I can't find that group anymore.
Paul

Hauk

Quote from: SandiaPaul on April 14, 2021, 03:13:38 AM
Hauk,

Thanks for the info...brass for me too. There used to be a yahoo group called something like Brass Locomotive Builders. Someone there also was doing O scale real riveting. I can't find that group anymore.

I was a member there, too. Very little activity even in the best of days, and I guess they never made the transit to another platform when Yahoo Groups closed shop.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Lawrence@NZFinescale

Quote from: SandiaPaul on April 14, 2021, 03:13:38 AM
Hauk,

I was a member there too, and I do prefer metal for building locos.  However, as I've stated elsewhere, while the individual models have their own identity, for me they form a part of a larger layout project.  So some pragmatic choices creep in: Do I make every rivet from brass or do I do something else that saves time and money without unduly compromising the result.  I won't live long enough to complete the larger picture with a rivet by rivet approach so pragmatism is required.  On a personal level I really enjoy building in metal, but it takes time.  I reckon the latest advances in printers have upped my productivity by a factor of 10 and the quality of the models has improved too.  My emotional investment in each model is obviously down a bit, but overall the enjoyment factor is way up - which is what it is all about.
Cheers,

Lawrence in NZ
nzfinescale.com

HelgeAndreas

Quote from: finescalerr on April 13, 2021, 01:09:16 PM
Old Pullman used to advertise with me when Beat Hug owned it and lived in Florida. He sold 1:32 scale products, all of very high quality. Is it the same business now under new ownership? -- Russ

Hi.

I am really not sure, unfortunately. But there products have high quality.

Greetings, Helge Andreas

Design-HSB

Hello, here a supplier for small and finest twisted rivets in Europe:

Knupfer

Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

HelgeAndreas

SandiaPaul

Great source for small rivets, thanks! Since I model in the live steam world, plastic just isn't going to work for me! Melted rivets!
Paul

HRB

Hello,
Grandt Line used to make plastic rivets - economical. Parts numbers are /were # 152 - 157, 3 sizes, ea conical and round head. I do not know if they are available at the moment.
HRB

finescalerr

Much of Grandt's tooling wore out. http://sanjuancarco.com acquired some and they might help you locate other sources of plastic details aside from Tichy. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

San Juan has a separate site for the former Grandt Line details:   https://sanjuandetails.com

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World