• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Feldbahnmodule with ship

Started by fspg2, April 21, 2011, 12:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fspg2

Here is the current state of my "Feldbahnmodule with ship". It is a follow-up from my chronicle in bbf.

The bridge module should be as torsion-resistant as possible. In previous modules, I had reached a sufficient stiffness with frames.

Hafenmodul_001(fspg2)

Size: 1,5 m x 1,0 m

... Sufficient rigidity?

The new module is about 2.0 meters long and about 0.9 m wide, so that all parts will fit on it.

Brueckenmodul_9(fspg2)

Hubbruecke_Aufsicht(fspg2)

Copyright: Lauenburger Elbschiffahrtsarchiv(fspg2)

First bridge shortly after the construction of 1901

Here there is some more information to the original.

After I initially thought about a steel frame, I came by chance on a much easier solution: honeycomb

... no, I do not intend to ask the hard-working little helpers, to give me her glue. :):

The principle of the comb is still used in many doors:

found at: http://www.tueren-albrecht.de/tuerenkalkulation/hilfe/images/wabe.jpg

So, such a door has been misused!

Module-Montage_001(fspg2)

The principle you can see on the drawing above.

Currently the board is on two sawhorses, it is already so rigid in its current state, as I had hoped ... and it get more adhesions.

Modul-Montage_002(fspg2)

Recesses were sawed at the corners for the aluminum legs.

Module-Montage_003(fspg2)

Module-Montage_004(fspg2)

Frithjof
Frithjof

artizen

I know this is stunning work because I have been following it on Buntbahn.de forum. But every photo is grey across the bottom third? Anyone else having this problem?
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

fspg2

If I have a slow wireless connection, pictures are gray with me in the lower third sometimes. With LAN connection, all images back to normal.

Frithjof
Frithjof

nalmeida

Wonderful work, I love all the planing involved. Lot's of head scratching I'm sure. Looking forward to watch your progress on this.

mad gerald

Quote from: fspg2 on April 21, 2011, 12:42:16 AM
... Here is the current state of my "Feldbahnmodule with ship". It is a follow-up from my chronicle in bbf ...

Well Frithjof, THAT will really keep you busy ... your building report concerning progress in "Feldbahmodule mit Schiff" in just another forum  (hope it does not keep you away from modelling itself  ;D) ... but when there is a forum which is worth it, THIS forum is ...  8)

Kind regards

finescalerr

I like the interlocking bricks at the edges of each wall. Why can't commercial manufacturers do that more often? -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on April 21, 2011, 12:22:06 PM
I like the interlocking bricks at the edges of each wall. Why can't commercial manufacturers do that more often? -- Russ

More often ? Why can't they do that at all ?

Nick

Philip Smith

great project! especially the track going through center of the lock during construction...

phil 8)

artizen

OK - I just tried an experiment. I surf in Safari but tried looking at this thread with Firefox. Same problem except I don't get the grey at the bottom now, I just get a blank area! I notice that the images are being imported into this thread from buntbahn.de which is the only other forum that gives me this grief so I will blame the technology somewhere between buntbahn, the US and Australia in giving me only part of an image.  ???

Shame really, this work is truly inspiring.
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
Brisbane, Australia

SandiaPaul

Thank you for starting this thread, I have followed your work and spent a LOT of time admiring it!

Paul
Paul

Chuck Doan

Same as Paul, I have read through the pages of your posts on another Forum. Very enjoyable to see, welcome here!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Dennis McCarthy

Ian,

The incomplete image seems to be a Mac thing with certain websites .

Try this: open the image in a new tab and click the "reload page" button.  A nuisance, but will usually display the whole image.

Regards,
Dennis

artizen

Thanks Dennis - that worked!

Yes a Mac thing. Thank you Mr Jobs! Had never known that workaround but will now use it on buntbahn whenever it happens as well.
Ian Hodgkiss
Brisbane, Australia

fspg2

I am pleased that you like my posting. It is certainly easier for you if you don´t have to read in the bbf ... and I can improve my knowledge of English a little!

@ Ian Can you see now all the pictures correctly?

Sometimes I use my buiseness tripps in the evening to draw, so I can give the tap-files to the milling machine if I´m back at home. Mostly - but not always - the result looks satisfactory.

Thus was the drawing of the upper lateral sluice stair...

Hubbruecke_Sockel_links_01 (fspg2)

Excerpt from drawing revision of 1899 - Copyright Plan: WSA-Lbg[

... drawn and converted to milling files within an hour.

Seitentreppe_01 (fspg2)

Seitentreppe_02 (fspg2)

The milling of MDF took about an hour, the stairs were ready to install in 35 minutes.

Seitentreppe_03 (fspg2)

Seitentreppe_05 (fspg2)

Before gluing the steps, I want to deform them with sandy paper a little bit. They should look like after 60 years of use!

In the deepening between the steps, sand will be glued later .

Frithjof
Frithjof