• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

A snapshot in time. A glimpse of the Plettenberger Kleinbahn in 1/22.5 scale.

Started by Hydrostat, September 27, 2013, 01:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5thwheel

Volker, Have you given thought to pre assembling and holding everything together with SS screws, bolts and aluminum clamps then oven soldering the wholdassembly?  I have used this method before with some success.

Bill
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Hydrostat

Quote from: 5thwheel on September 13, 2019, 08:42:10 AM
Volker, Have you given thought to pre assembling and holding everything together with SS screws, bolts and aluminum clamps then oven soldering the wholdassembly?  I have used this method before with some success.

Bill

Bill,

yes, but keep in mind that I had to  round the rivets after soldering and there are a lot of areas not accessable any more.

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Hydrostat

Meanwhile the bridge was sand blasted by a pre name twin modeler from Buntbahn forum:

And I finished the kitchen interior. Please keep in mind that the only 'access' later on is going to be the kitchen window.

Some boiling water.

Cheers,
Volker

finescalerr

The bridge looks perfect. On the other hand, if you really glue down all access to the kitchen except the window I must make you stand in the corner for a month. Please devise a way to avoid that. -- Russ

Hydrostat

Quote from: finescalerr on September 21, 2019, 12:09:53 AM
The bridge looks perfect. On the other hand, if you really glue down all access to the kitchen except the window I must make you stand in the corner for a month. Please devise a way to avoid that. -- Russ

Russ,

showing those pictures at your highly considered forum is my way to avoid that.

Some pictures of the burnished bridge.

I love some of the results (above), but it doesn't work well at all areas (below), depending on a lot of factors and so there's color to come.

Cheers,
Volker, preparing for a long hiatus in the corner.

Bill Gill

Volker, The kitchen details are terrific. Perhaps you can devise a miniature fiber optic "snake" lens for you camera to avoid bannishment to the corner. The bridge is magnificient. What was there about some of the burnishing that you were not satisfied with?

Lawton Maner

Volker:
I have used hand engraving cutters to remove excess solder from brass or silver work for years.  With the great variety of cutters available almost any situation which arises can be addressed.  You might be able to find one which will shape the fillets on the inside corners of pieces which are to represent castings as well.

A 90 degree cutter can be used to open a fold line in a brass piece when you need to bend it to a tight corner.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

nk

Hi Volker I really like the floor in the kitchen. The wear and the greyness in the centre each board show that the wood has warped upwards, been worn down from use, and been mopped. It tells the story of the kitchen without rubbing your nose in it. Beautiful work.
Narayan
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

Lawton Maner

Volker:
Where is the dog's bowl.  It needs to be somewhere that it is difficult to trip over on a cloth pad to keep it from sliding when the dog eats.

Hydrostat

Here was a somewhat prototypical switch topic in this thread - and how to get a working underfloor switching device, but I thought it should be possible to get that prototypical, too.

Except for the surrounding cast iron body, which was Nylon printed, all parts are brass castings, connected/soldered with steel rods to get them working.

Now there's one last switch missing for that project.

Cheers
Volker

finescalerr

Disturbingly superb. it should be illegal to be that talented. -- Russ

Bernhard

This is incredible, Volker. Absolutely perfect. Congratulations

Bernhard

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Les Tindall

Do you miniaturise yourself to be able to get such fantastic detail at that scale?
Les