• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Idlenot Light Railway Tool Van No. 2 in 7/8" scale

Started by Wayne Slaughter, August 03, 2023, 07:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne Slaughter

A few years ago I built some models in 7/8" scale for gauge 1 track (two-foot gauge). Most were based on Welsh prototypes. Here are a few photos of Idlenot Light Railways tool van No. 2 based on the Glen Valley Tram box van #2. It is built from plans in one of Bernard Rockett's books.

The model is mostly basswood with scratch-built brass and steel details. The running gear is from Sierra Valley Enterprises. The couplers are Accucraft 16mm choppers.

A construction article was published in May 2021 Garden Rail (the British magazine, not Marc's).

The photos were taken on Rich Chiodo's beautiful Isle of Shoals Tramway.

Wayne Slaughter
Manchester NH

Barney

Very Very nice - nice scale to work in for detail
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Bill Gill

Very nice looking! Welcome to the forum. Please post more photos!

Bernhard

Well done, I like the subtle weathering marks.

Bernhard

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Too bad I already had stopped publishing or I would have begged you for a detailed construction article. -- Russ

Carlo

Stuart