• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Beaver Lumber Company. On30

Started by Robert G, March 21, 2023, 12:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert G

May I present to you my new On30 layout. The Beaver Lumber Company.  4m long. The Douglas firs are 3 feet high.   
The layout was exposed at OntraX last weekend and won all First prizes !!

Robert

Bill Gill

Impressive!
I for one would like more information (a lot more) on how you made your trees, both the Douglas firs and the others.

Barney

Excellent - 5 star Quality + Superb detailing with plenty of nice touches
any more please -  perhaps with a short description of the many details
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

finescalerr

shropshire lad

Yeah , that's all very well posting pictures of some anonymous lumber company that used to operate in the US. But what about posting some pictures of your layout ?

That is some of the best modelling I have ever seen and I really wish I had been able to come over to Ontrax this year , but domestic considerations took precedence . One day I hope to get back there .

I shall now download you photos to study in great detail at my leisure.

SandiaPaul

Paul

Robert G

I wrote a complete article on those trees in one of the last On30 Annuals.  Short, the trunk is made out of boxwood and the branches of twisted copper wire. The rocks are plaster.  The buildings are modified Sierra West and scratch build. Articles on those were also featured in the On30 annuals

finescalerr

Frankly, your modeling and artistry are too sophisticated for the On30 Annuals. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on March 22, 2023, 11:29:50 AMFrankly, your modeling and artistry are too sophisticated for the On30 Annuals. -- Russ

Well ,if only there were a periodical that is worthy of including such Finescale modelling !

I have ordered a copy of the 2021 On30 Annual with the hope that it will provide a modicum of inspiration .

There are a number of videos on YouTube giving a good indication of what we missed . In addition to brief glimpses of Kim and Robert's layouts there are shots of Marcel Ackle's latest masterpiece .

As for tree making , the best series of videos I have come across on The Tube is by a Canadian who goes by the name of Boomer Diorama . He does go on a bit but they are worth persevering with . https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DwADkiE3lSo&t=1463s.

Hauk

Fantastic work! In What 0n30 Annual was the article published?
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

shropshire lad

Quote from: Hauk on March 22, 2023, 02:11:53 PMFantastic work! In What 0n30 Annual was the article published?

I am hoping it is the 2021 edition , as that is the one I have ordered.

Les Tindall

That is some pretty incredible modelling. Those trees are THE BEST I have ever seen. More please!!
Les

Ray Dunakin

Holy carp!! That is some high-end, top-notch modeling! The forest scenery is the best I've ever seen. From the trees down to the undergrowth, weeds, grass, deadwood, and rocks -- everything looks incredible!

The structures are terrific too, and blend perfectly into the scene.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hauk

Quote from: Mobilgas on March 23, 2023, 02:12:52 PMRobert G,  What year is your tree article in the On30 annual?

I have put $ 64,90 on 2021...
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Bernhard

This diorama is really worthy of an award. I think the landscaping is incredibly well done, especially the trees with the moss on one side of the trunk.

Bernhard