• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

2 Foot gauge tractor loco in 1/16th scale

Started by Chuck Doan, March 02, 2015, 06:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Count me in as another vote for the canopy!

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Wesleybeks

Chuck id be interested to see it with a canopy only covering the driver. But I think a canopy of any sorts will add to the quirky nature of it.
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

Hydrostat

About the brake: As far as I understood the regular braking was done by the worm drive so this was rather a parking brake?
And yes: CANOPY!

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

danpickard

If its an Aussie based loco, and with our blazing sun, you'd better have the canopy.

Cheers,
Dan

Chuck Doan

Oh dear. Guess I'd better source some brass angle stock.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

lab-dad

Good luck with the brass.
I am having more and more difficulty finding brass shapes.
The only game in the US is special shapes.
They show a lot of sizes but when you call the inventory is hit and miss.
Some are "discontinued" as well....

Please let me know if you find another source.

Marty

Chuck Doan

And maybe some rudimentary chain guards or more like fenders. I really don't want to hide the chain detail. Safety third!

I'm also open to ideas for the roof covering. The first picture I posted is the clearest shot of the prototype I have seen. Kind of looks like metal sheeting to me. ?
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

finescalerr

You can make a judgment from that photo? I'd say it also could be tarpaper, just as you've drawn it. Personally, I'd go with something other than metal since most of the model is metal, the canopy has a wood frame, and the contrast between metal and non-metal is cool. -- Russ

Hydrostat

Quote from: finescalerr on March 17, 2015, 12:08:51 AM
I'd say it also could be tarpaper, just as you've drawn it. Personally, I'd go with something other than metal since most of the model is metal, the canopy has a wood frame, and the contrast between metal and non-metal is cool. -- Russ

Ditto.

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

billmart

Here's another vote for tarpaper and wood.

Bill Martinsen

TRAINS1941

Chuck tarpaper and wood.

Like you said what's a few more months!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Chuck Doan

Yeah, that's a good point you guys. Thanks!

finescalerr

And here's a suggestion from Nick, who asked me to post this image because ... well, because he's Nick. He writes, "With regard to the discussion going on at the moment about what Chuck should use as the roof covering for his new Fordson, I would like to put forward my suggestion. Possibly not the most obvious choice I grant you , but would make it look different!" -- Russ

Chuck Doan