• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Medco S 8

Started by SDwn, February 11, 2012, 02:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDwn

Medco S 8 from a Baldwin S 12 by Yoder

The attached PDF file is an O scale model based upon the dimensional data of MEDCO S 8 currently being restored by the NRHS chapter in Oregon. Special thanks to Tony Johnson of the Oregon NRHS who measured the locomotive for me in the cold and snow! Now that is dedication.  Also thanks to Matt Imbrogno for his information while the locomotive was owned and operated by Magma.

Model wise I have added some personal touches such as stack and bell location as I model a fictional California logging outfit, however all dimensional data is correct. The model was painted by my son Sean Downing who also assembled the PDF file.

Thanks for looking.

Sean

artizen

That's nice. What are the six trumpet shaped thingies out of the top of the engine bay?
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

Chuck Doan

For some reason I missed this...very nice work!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/