• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The HO Scale Project From Hell

Started by finescalerr, September 01, 2023, 03:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuart

Looks very similar to a railroad station that used to exist in Dragoon, Arizona.  Dragoon hardly exists any more but I had a friend who actually lived out there. He sent me a few photos of the station and asked that I extrapolate what I could and recreate a series of scaled drawings for him.  His intention was to build a scale model of it for an outdoor railroad he was building.

Stuart

finescalerr

The Goleta Depot is a rare, almost textbook example of a Southern Pacific Type 22 design. They built it in 1904 and added an additional freight door front and back a couple of decades later. No two Type 22s are exactly the same, though, depending on the whim of the builders; availability of doors, windows, shingles and siding; length of the top floor ... the list goes on. -- Russ

Bernhard

You've built a very nice model there, Russ. I especially like the different structures of the facades. Can you show us a picture of the prototype? I always find the comparison between prototype and model extremely interesting.

Bernhard

finescalerr

Here are the earliest photos I have, from 1913. -- Russ