• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

RhB steam snow blower Xrot 9213 / R12

Started by Design-HSB, September 19, 2017, 12:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Hile

What can I say that hasn't already been said, except wow!

Design-HSB

Thank you very much for your interest and recognition.

In the meantime, I have used the axle box for a trial in the bogie. The spring is thus compressed under full load. Of course, there are still missing the rockers on the spring pad.

Unfortunately I do not have pictures of the original at the moment, which I can show here for comparison. When I bought eyebolts, I simply ground the collar.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

hi Helmut love the adjusters on the leaf spring cheers kim

Barney

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Design-HSB

It continues with the bogies.

There are 2 different bogies and this is the back.
The front bogie is already finished.
Since the sling has a gigantic model weight, the bogies actually have no suspension but end stops. These end stops can be adjusted via the locknuts. Out of these end stops, the wheels can still spring out of the springs due to small compression springs.

Here the counter bearing of the bogie with an axial ball bearing as the model.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Bill Gill

Beautiful work! The weathering on the metal looks good. How did you do it?

Design-HSB

Bill, there's nothing aged yet, I just blasted the brass with alumina and browned.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

That looks amazing! The coloration makes it hard to imagine it's actually brass and not steel.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

Some may have already noticed, originally this was supposed to be a RHB Xrot 9213. Only after the announcement of LGB to bring a r13 to the market and the fact that this colourful railway project unfortunately no longer had the original resonance, Wilhelm and I decided to make the R13 a R12 to be able to finish the project at least for us .

The R12 itself is currently in the processing and we are also following this with interest, more on this [url = http://www.dampfschleuder.ch/] here [/url]:

Today I used to deal with the tender, because it is identical to the same and also identical to the tender of the steam locomotive.

So I used yes for the suspension eye bolts:

Much to me the picture of the water level sensor-probe from the tender and I had a solution.

Look here today I have built the water level sensor-valves.

Such a faucet consists of the following parts.

An M1 eye bolt with waistband.
A 2 mm piece of 1 mm tube for the spout.
An angle of 1 mm brass wire with an M1 thread.
With a M1 nut held, the faucet is even still to be operated.

Only there is no water in the tender, therefore no water can come out.

I think the good looks of my burnished brass hangs with my way of processing together. I radiate the parts immediately before the brown with aluminum oxide, which cleans the brass and raut it quite finely. Through this processing, the blueing works much more intensively.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

Looks great, Helmut!
Even though there is no water in the tender, you could pose a very convincing photo by having a worker near one of the valves and temporarily pushing the end of a clear fiberoptic rod lightly into the opening of the faucet and the other end poking into a clear resin puddle on the ground to model a stream of water squirting out.

Design-HSB

Hi Bill,

Therefore, I was glad that after soldering, at least 2 of 3 taps still allowed to move.

Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

TRAINS1941

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin