• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

RhB steam snow blower Xrot 9213 / R12

Started by Design-HSB, September 19, 2017, 12:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Design-HSB

Hello together, after I have been working mainly lately with the solution, the automation of my monastery model, it goes also with the Xrot.

It goes on the tender rolls and springs.

The brackets for the suspension are brazed. The wheels are turned LGB spoke wheels with the wheels from the action. The soldered rocker, which once again lies on the wheel bearing, already consists of 3 parts and has only 3 mm diameter.

The wheels fit with the low sprockets much better and would be spring loaded otherwise touch the tender ground.

The rollable tender on my facility.

Details of suspension.

In order to make tests it was easy to connect an LGB locomotive. All test journeys were pushed and pulled, also ran smoothly in turnouts.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hauk

Quote from: Design-HSB on September 19, 2017, 12:27:16 PM
The wheels are turned LGB spoke wheels with the wheels from the action.

Nice project!

I might be wrong, but it seems that you have encountered a very common problem when turning the wheels. The surface shows sign of chatter, and If I am right, I might have some suggestions for how to avoid it on future projects.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Design-HSB

Thank you Hauk, I think there are only the lights of my workplace lighting. Yes with the good old light bulb, that would not have happened.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

finescalerr

1-32

hi Helmut.
your creation is coming together very well .
cheers kim

Design-HSB

Meanwhile, a lot has happened. For the Toy Fair in Nuremberg LGB has announced the Xrot R13 as a ready-made model. After that, we decided to get out of the joint project and build the very similar Xrot R12. The R12 has no driven chassis but must be pushed, it is also green and not brown. We will then get a model, which is not to be confused with the industrial model.

Meanwhile, I have designed the bogies and made almost everything for it. For the sample, I put together a journal bearing, but it still lacks a clamping bracket.

The items

The axle bearing, the hole for the lock has 1mm

Of course, the lid can be opened for greasing.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Ray Dunakin

As always, the quality of your highly precise work is mind-boggling!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

In the meantime, I was able to produce the missing clamps.

What is still missing is the clamp holding the lid.
For this I have a 15 X 15 mm brass rod stretched on the milling table.

After the 2 D construction for 3 sides I was able to work the staff from 3 sides.

After that, I sawed off 8 mm slices of the rod and reworked, now the clamp is already visible.
So remained of 121.6 gr. Brass, 8 pieces clamping bracket, each with 0.2 gr.

First of all, an M 0.6 thread was cut into the clamping yoke for the clamping screw. Once everything had been assembled for trial, the function of opening the axle box could be checked again.
After cleaning and blackening the axle bearing, ball bearings are used.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

Helmut, your ability to machine exquisite detail exceeds my ability to praise it highly enough!

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

Ray Dunakin

Watching all the ways you solve every modeling challenge is endlessly fascinating!

Ray Dunakin's World