• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Quai des Antlilles

Started by Sami, July 14, 2017, 01:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Looking good to me - and I can even see the photos now not just blue squares with question marks - a lovely bit of Small scale modelling
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Design-HSB

This also creates something that meets the standard of this forum.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Excellent! Nice mix of materials and textures.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Sami

Thank's guys !

This building is inspired of the this model.

I maked and weathered other piece.

Les Tindall

Superb colouring and the depth of the brick is just right.  Hard to believe its HO scale
Les

Bill Gill

Terrific coloring. It's great to see your progress again.

Ray Dunakin

Those doors are fantastic! Nice subtle work!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hauk

Love the doors!
I´m going to rip you off shamelessly and try to make my doors for my workshop look exactly the same.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Sami

Hauk, Here is how I proceeded to build the door.

I drew a plan of the panel in diamond tip and I cut each pannels in the plasticard evergreen.

I made a mark at the cutter on three diagonals and cut the fourth.
I fixed some adhesive on the back and I folded the whole. The adhesive avoids to the plasticard breaking.
I put glue at the level of the split diagonal to hold the whole and let appear the tip of diamand.

The panels glues with Tamiya extra thin cement on a piece of plasiticard after removing the adhesive.

To be followed...

Ray Dunakin

Wow, I thought you just embossed the raised panels on the doors somehow. But you actually built them! Impressive.

Ray Dunakin's World

Hauk

Quote from: Sami on April 20, 2021, 02:06:59 PM
Hauk, Here is how I proceeded to build the door.

To be followed...

Excellent tutorial! Looking forward to more updates.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Sami

Hi guy,

After filling the defects with mastic and sanded, I applied a primer inspired by the modulation technique.

I used four different colors to nuance the panels starting with black and ending with light grey. Then I applied the green color.
Green colour is obtained by mixing three shades Vallejo.

The work is long because it is necessary to masking the previous color and wait for drying between each application of primer

finescalerr

Very impressive construction and an excellent tutorial. -- Russ

Hauk

Great work, and great tutorials!
Regards, Hauk
--

HelgeAndreas

Wonderful work, and detailed documentation!
Inspiring!

H