• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Remora Island

Started by shropshire lad, June 10, 2012, 09:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FichtenFoo

How the hell did I miss this? Looks awesome! Really nice work. You'll have to pick up a few of the Ian McQue "Sky Mark" Buoys we have coming next month to go with it.  ;)
Chicks dig giant robots.

shropshire lad

Quote from: FichtenFoo on October 18, 2012, 05:52:07 AM
How the hell did I miss this? Looks awesome! Really nice work. You'll have to pick up a few of the Ian McQue "Sky Mark" Buoys we have coming next month to go with it.  ;)

You're forgiven . We can put it down to you being too busy creating your next masterpiece .

There has been some progress since the last photos were taken but at the moment it is on hold waiting for the big push to finish the last 10 percent . I , like , Reusser don't seem to have it in our makeup to actually finish anything .

I also , like everyone else , have been waiting patiently for the Sky Marks to appear . Didn't you say something about " two for the price of one " ?

Nick

marc_reusser

Ahem....Excuse me;  I have finished 4 things in these past 4-months. And will have two more finished by January....and when I mean finished, that doesn't mean dragging an old shelf queen out of the closet and prettying it up, because if that were the case I would have 5 things counted as finished.  :-* :P ;D

BTW....how much does this island of yours weight? ;D

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on October 18, 2012, 04:32:04 PM
Ahem....Excuse me;  I have finished 4 things in these past 4-months. And will have two more finished by January....and when I mean finished, that doesn't mean dragging an old shelf queen out of the closet and prettying it up, because if that were the case I would have 5 things counted as finished.  :-* :P ;D

BTW....how much does this island of yours weight? ;D

M

Define " things " !

It is somewhat over 16kgs . I don't think I'll be taking it to Ostraylier !

Nick

marc_reusser

Ahem...1/24 scale model, two 1/35 mini scenes/dios, 1/135 model, ...and the 1/20 shelf queen.  By December will have finished one more 1/35 mini scene, and a seperate 1/35 vehicle.  :P ;D. (No can show though....for eventual tree-ware)......Gordon can vouch for the two mini-scenes...as I know he has completed 3 if not 4 in the last couple of weeks.  So I think you are now lagging behind.....better get busy with those bricks. ;D

16kg!?......are you daft man!?
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Gordon Ferguson

Guess he is referring to "paper"

Marc, knew you would not be able to keep quiet about your "finishing"  :D
Gordon

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on October 19, 2012, 03:59:40 AM
Ahem...1/24 scale model, two 1/35 mini scenes/dios, 1/135 model, ...and the 1/20 shelf queen.  By December will have finished one more 1/35 mini scene, and a seperate 1/35 vehicle.  :P ;D. (No can show though....for eventual tree-ware)......Gordon can vouch for the two mini-scenes...as I know he has completed 3 if not 4 in the last couple of weeks.  So I think you are now lagging behind.....better get busy with those bricks. ;D

16kg!?......are you daft man!?

Mmmm , you have been a busy Boy . So it looks like you are taking your desire to win lots of awards at Pasadena very seriously ! I look forward to hearing the podcast of your acceptance speeches with interest . 

Who on Earth models in 1/135th scale , other than you ?

Maybe Gordon will bring his works with him tomorrow when we meet up at Barney's . Talking of whom , has been rather quiet recently , maybe he has been digging some his rejects out of the dustbin and finishing them off .

You do make me feel very inadequate I shall have to redouble my efforts .

Yes , it is rather heavy , but with all that plaster on it , that is not surprising ,

Nick

FichtenFoo

Cool. Yeah, there will be a two-fer deal. We're doing releases with different colored LEDs to choose from so the two-fer will be one red pair and one green pair of blinking LEDs. Red/Green denote different sides of a channel.
Chicks dig giant robots.

Lawton Maner

Old nautical saying:  Red, Right, Return!

Does anyone know what POSH stands for?  And, no I don't mean the Spice Girl.

Lawton

Andi Little

It's originally a maritime terminology (as a lot of "sayings" are) based on the affluent and their cabin allocation, they could afford the better and more desirable cabins: and so the designation "Port Out, Starboard Home" (POSH) slipped into the local vocabulary, and then general usage as a term for the more refined members (or aspirational thereof) of society.

Simple!
KBO..................... Andi.