• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

THE MERRY MERMAID DINER build #511

Started by madmike3434, December 27, 2010, 08:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmike3434

Here is a link to my photobucket account that holds the pictures of my O scale build.

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x169/madmike3434/511%20merry%20mermaid%20diner/

This was another of the DINER / EATERY dioramas i was building in early winter 2010.  This started life as a TOM YORKE hydrocal  O scale kit called OUISI's BAR that he released around 2000. All the windows were bricked in so i decided to open them up and install grandt lines very large diamond patterned windows . The short front wall was very tricky to open up and i used a dremel cutoff wheel with the back of the wall supported with 1/4" square basswood piece epoxied to it.

I took the one inch tall foundation casting and carefully cut it in half with my band saw. I used the other half under the scratch built rear addition i designed that houses the cooking area.

The main signage is a pre-painted rubber mermaid i found on ebay that the story goes by the diner owner, it came off a large 4 master sailing ship.  The lace curtains in the windows are from builders in scale .
madmike3434........mike lynch

madmike3434

now that i know how to post pictures i thought i would post this picture of one of my favorite structures too the original post
mike

madmike3434

and here is another view from the side
mike