• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 Scale & Larger; Diorama and Detail Parts & Accessories

Started by Malachi Constant, July 16, 2011, 04:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

shropshire lad

Today I recieved the 1/35th pantile pre-production mould from Louise at  Diorama Debris to try out . I have done one cast and the tiles look great . Louise , herself , is not convinced that they have got the profile of the tiles looking right , I reminded her that most people don't know the difference between a pantile and a pancake and that they were perfectly acceptable . So I have posted some photos here to see if there is anyone brave enough to disagree with me by saying that the tiles are not up to scratch .

Due to the nature of the way that the tiles are laid it is necessary to have the top right and bottom left corners of the tiles cut off at an angle so that they sit properly ontop of each other . The tiles themselves come out of the mould uncut and there is a tiny score mark top and bottom where one needs to snap off the corners with tweezers . In addition each tile has a single nib and just below a minute flat area so that the tiles sits nicely on the batten . This attention to a detail that will rarely be seen is unusual and is what makes these product so good . And they are easier to get out of the moulds than the Spanish barrel tiles .

Nick

shropshire lad

Lawton Maner

I don't see the copper nails holding them down ;D.

Are you going to take a couple of tiny pieces of copper strip to represent where one or two of the slates had been replaced in the past on the first part of the roof?

What is the actual size of the Spanish Tiles?  There is a block of 1920's store fronts in a not to nice neighborhood on the north side of Richmond, Va with a short bit of Spanish Tile roof-work which are just crying to be modeled as a row of flats behind a street car in the 1930's, and if close enough, I might have to add the mould to my kit.

Lawton

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Design-HSB

Hi Nick,

The pans look fantastic.

I could use those pans well in 1:22.5.

Could you please show 2 Individual pans, a. From the front and one on the back
Then the precise measurements involved, and I can even pan with the usual here in Germany Double S.

Also a source I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance for your efforts.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

mad gerald

Helmut,

Quote from: Design-HSB on October 25, 2012, 02:55:07 AM
...Also a source I'd be grateful ...
... to feed Nick his lines ..  ;D
Quote from: shropshire lad on October 24, 2012, 03:36:52 PM
...Today I recieved the 1/35th pantile pre-production mould from Louise at  Diorama Debris to try out ...
http://www.dioramadebris.co.uk/ ... on the left: "news and new products"

Cheers

Marc988

I found a new company which I haven't seen here before (if I remember correctly). It is a german company called Modern Armies in Miniatures (.de).

Besides the numorous military items they recently released an new set which might be interesting, being airco units as found on roof tops and building walls.

marc_reusser

M-Works

marc_reusser

M-Works

Malachi Constant

Thanks for the update!  Hmm ... don't suppose that it's escaped your attention that some of those crushed water bottles could go in the corner of an alley or driveway ...  ;D  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

Dallas, would you believe it.....out of the blue, some ended up in the mail to me! Who would'a thought!  ;D

M-Works

marc_reusser

M-Works