• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

GEORGE BILYOU harness supplies & repairs---hand carved duck decoys

Started by madmike3434, December 29, 2010, 08:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmike3434

Here are some pictures in my photobucket account of my O scale build #447.

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x169/madmike3434/G%20BILYOU/

I originally had this idea about making an eye glasses shop and designed the upper facia area with cutouts to represent eye glasses. I did this with a forstner bit cutting from the rear so as to reduce tearout.  To make the circular wood trim insert i soaked a piece of stripwood and wrapped it around a floquil paint bottle which just happened to be same size as the holes i made. I taped the wood around the bottle and left it for a day to dry. I then inserted it close to the hole size and trimmed it to fit the opening.  I used 1/8" square basswood between the front and rear upper walls.
While surfing thru my collection of pictures of signs i came across the one for the harness repair and also the duck decoys, at this point an eye glass shop project got switched to a new pair of themes.---duck decoy & harness sales repair.  This whole front just kinda morphed into what you see in the pictures.

madmike3434.......mike lynch

marc_reusser

Mike,

From a quick glance the work looks nice.....but FWIW, you might get more interest and response if you posted or linked the images here directly.

I personaly can't stand the functionality and operation of 'Photobucket', so I tend not to go look at anything anyone ever posts/links to there, and I know others likely also find it a PIA to do so as well.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

madmike3434

Marc......is there a tutorial on this site on how to post pictures in a thread ?

i used sites search but came up with nothing specific.........mike

78ths

Hi
Posting images can be done one of two ways

First - hosting image on an outside site. Not recommended in my opinion as some that have internet access at work have site blocked by the firewall (like : youtube, flickr, photobucket etc...) also should you delete the image a year from now the post is rendered useless.

Second - in my opinion the best (and I maintain 5 forums online) is upload using the forum itself. It is a lot easier than you may realize and unlike yahoo ( which I really do not like as attachments come flying into your in-box - not cool in a spyware laden environment )

Here are the simple steps to add an image or 4 images (max per post)

1- Below the type input box you will see " Additional Options..." click on the text and three radio buttons and a box with "Attach:" before it appear. At the end of this box (right end) you will see a button that says "Browse" click on this and a window will pop up where you can find the image you would like to add on your hard drive.  Beside the button is "(more attachments)" each time you click on this you add another box with button beside it. Each line adds 1 image up to 4.

Things to keep in mind.

• If you are on dial up keep the images small or it will time out.
  • make sure your images are saved as jpg and that they are no larger than 1200px wide or high - using real image editing software is a plus as the files are far more efficient is size reduction.

thats it - simple no.

PS - it all works better on an apple computer. Trust me it does. I have both and it does.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ferd Mels  Ontario Canada    eh!
SE Scale - all other scales pale by comparison.  7/8"=1'-0"
www.78ths.com

marc_reusser

Mike,

Here is a link to an SBS of the two ways to load photos for the forum:

http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=3.0

Sorry..should have posted it in my original comment.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

madmike3434

Russ and Marc..........thank you for your response to my question. I have printed out all that could be printed from your posts.  Might take me a few times to get it done.  i have copied the link to one post into my favorites , so i can access it while trying to get it done.   Will use the send myself pictures and then copy them into my pictures section so that way they come back to me much smaller....good tip and probably easier than re-sizing ??

We shall see....mike  ;D

Frederic Testard

Since the pictures are already loaded in photobucket, couldn't you simply right click on them, copy the URL and paste it in your message with the tags img and /img around them (this tags must be between [ and ] but I can write them this way otherwise it won't be displayed as a text.

This is what I did to display the first of your photobucket images above.
Frederic Testard

madmike3434

Frederick.......Seriously , i have enough problems just doing what i already know how to do on the computer . The more stuff gets thrown at me and the more trouble i get into.  I have no idea where you guys learn how to do all this stuff, job related ? Somebody teach you in a coarse ?

So far i have printed out and also written down  instructions Russ and Marc posted and will take a shot at a 4 pics post of another building i did.

mike

Frederic Testard

No problem, Mike, do just what you feel comfortable with.
Just keep in mind that if you write [ and then img and then ] (no spaces between the opening bracket, the word img and the closing bracket) and then paste the URL of an image, then again [ then /img and finally ] (no spaces again), you will see the image displayed in your post.
This is certainly the simplest method to display in the forum an image you've already uploaded on an image server such as photobucket.
Frederic Testard